Michigan Bear hunting adventure

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Got some pics on the camera when I went to bait tuesday that showed the bear coming in at about 915 so an hour after shooting light. So they are starting to come in earlier.

Forecast for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday are not good 70 percent chance of rain all day. Sunday and Monday are going to be full day sits

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Got some pics on the camera when I went to bait tuesday that showed the bear coming in at about 915 so an hour after shooting light. So they are starting to come in earlier.

Forecast for Sunday and Monday and Tuesday are not good 70 percent chance of rain all day. Sunday and Monday are going to be full day sits
Rain or shine, stay after it Marcus! If you don't hunt every minute of daylight that you can and don't fill your tag a month from now that's all you'll think about of is the time you didn't hunt when you could have. I shot my bear about 40 yards away from the bait just cruising through, keep your head on a swivel.

Good luck!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Rain or shine, stay after it Marcus! If you don't hunt every minute of daylight that you can and don't fill your tag a month from now that's all you'll think about of is the time you didn't hunt when you could have. I shot my bear about 40 yards away from the bait just cruising through, keep your head on a swivel.

Good luck!
Yeah I get one week starts Sunday ends then on Saturday.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I lied read camera time wrong he was in during daylight around sunset. Think it's over a year old im a bad judge

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I would say it is over a year old.

I know a guy who shot a 127 pound female bear in PA that was 11 years old. They are a hard animal to judge.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
It looks to be a 2 year old bear. Hard to tell if it's a boar or sow without more pictures, but definitely long enough.

Good luck!

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I am not a bear hunter, but have assisted with baiting over the years, and the guy I helped has had 100% success every year he draws a tag. I do however have numerous close and personal contactsa with black bears, and they are called "The Black Ghost" for a reason. You will likely never hear the bear before you see him, unless is is a mama bear huffing to send her cubs up a tree because another bear was approaching.
Good luck Marcus, and shoot straight.

Reactions: marcusvdk

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I am not a bear hunter, but have assisted with baiting over the years, and the guy I helped has had 100% success every year he draws a tag. I do however have numerous close and personal contactsa with black bears, and they are called "The Black Ghost" for a reason. You will likely never hear the bear before you see him, unless is is a mama bear huffing to send her cubs up a tree because another bear was approaching.
Good luck Marcus, and shoot straight.
This is very true, I killed one with my bow at 15 yards and never heard him coming. He just was there all of a sudden.