Looks like Cruz will win UT

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
I was surprised Cruz won Wyoming and I figured he would win Planet Utah. Looks like he will likely get the delegates there

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-cruz-soars-ahead-in-utah/ar-BBqGgHW?li=BBnb7Kz

Some Utahns just won't be happy until their public land is all gone, and there are so many people who really just don't know of his stance on public land. Just yesterday a friend and hunting buddy told me he was going to vote Cruz, I told him Cruz's stance and he was dumbfounded. Unbelievable

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
I was surprised Cruz won Wyoming and I figured he would win Planet Utah. Looks like he will likely get the delegates there

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-cruz-soars-ahead-in-utah/ar-BBqGgHW?li=BBnb7Kz

Some Utahns just won't be happy until their public land is all gone, and there are so many people who really just don't know of his stance on public land. Just yesterday a friend and hunting buddy told me he was going to vote Cruz, I told him Cruz's stance and he was dumbfounded. Unbelievable
Perhaps its not too late. The election is still two days away. Telling your friend was a good move...maybe he will tell others. I am going to post the link to the Cruz video (below) on as many Utah newspaper and Facebook sites as I can find. I encourage others to do something similar. According to the Utah rules if Cruz gets less than 50% of the votes, he does not get all the delegates. On a different thread, I criticized the State of Utah for taking the lead in transfer. Oneye (from Utah) said it is not the citizens, its the politicians. Now, I guess we'll see.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article64362377.html

oneye

Dec 24, 2015
Public land
He'll win Utah, Trump should win Arizona. There's really no pathway to the delegates for anyone now, just gotta hope Trump keeps well ahead of Cruz throughout the rest of the nominee election.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I think people are voting on more than one issue. The land issue is a huge one but the only one that I disagree with him on. I'm just not sure that issue overrides the conservatism of him in red states. God bless the red states!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Winning AZ.is better than winning about 6 States from up north. No population.. PS. who is mike Lee. Spikes brother?............BOB!

CrossCreeks

Veteran member
Mar 6, 2014
Dover, Tennessee
I am not a " die hard nothing but democrat " even though my parents were ! I do not agree with Cruz on some of the issues and definitely his view on federal lands, I will vote for Trump, but even a Cruz is better option than what the democrats are selling ! ( Again just my opinion do not intend to step any ones toes.

Fieldmouse

Mar 21, 2016
Cruz's position is the federal government shouldn't own more than 50% of the land mass, what's wrong with that?

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
Cruz's position is the federal government shouldn't own more than 50% of the land mass, what's wrong with that?

Here is what's wrong. People act like oh my god the Feds are evil and should not own land. Federal land is your land, its my land..this is not some private landowner who lets you access land...Federal land is for all to enjoy. My god man you are like the other Lemmings who probably have the thought..."well why should some guy in Washington DC decide what happens out West"...this is simply not reality

Last edited:

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
And to add Cruz said the Federal Government owns 2 percent of the land in Texas and down in Texas they think that is 2 percent too much. So Fieldmouse why would you listen to a man who thinks 2 percent is too much and defend his 50 percent stance. If you enjoy any part of public land which is my land, my fathers, my grandfather's, my children's, my grand children's etc...why would you support him.this is already ours why risk losing it

MTHunter

Feb 21, 2011
Fieldmouse, I see you are East coast, tell me you have at least traveled out West and enjoyed some aspect of our federal land (camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, bird watching, scenic drive, photography, back packing, river rafting, 4 wheeling, target shooting, tree cutting, rock hounding, wildlife watching) if not you should

Fieldmouse

Mar 21, 2016
Yes, been to all but 4 states.

The problem is you are losing it. It's only going to get worse as time goes along. We've got plenty of examples like the California farmers being put out of business over a tiny little fish. We have the EPA running rough shot in cohoots with the environmental folks. They have this nice working relationship where they sue, the EPA does a back room deal, gets the judge to agree and we pay all their legal fees. The other whammy on the way is the bankrupt American Government. There will be a fire sale in the coming future. When things collapse, it wil go. I'm not sure who will be there to collect the deeds.

oneye

Dec 24, 2015
Public land

The problem is you are losing it. It's only going to get worse as time goes along. We've got plenty of examples like the California farmers being put out of business over a tiny little fish. We have the EPA running rough shot in cohoots with the environmental folks. They have this nice working relationship where they sue, the EPA does a back room deal, gets the judge to agree and we pay all their legal fees. The other whammy on the way is the bankrupt American Government. There will be a fire sale in the coming future. When things collapse, it wil go. I'm not sure who will be there to collect the deeds.
Fieldmouse, I don't think anyone is against the state getting more involved. I would like to see the state more involved in managment decisions, but I will never support an all out transfer or sell of these lands. As for the back room deals, guess who has the power to fix that? Congress. Both republicans and democrats are to blame for not fixing the loopholes that allow groups to sue and get paid off our dime. All those problems and loop holes can be fixed, but the politicians who always promise so much and do so little never do anything about any of it. Cruz has 50% of his funds coming from CPACs and large donars. He's paid for, and hes a puppet to those who own him. He will do whats best for those who funded him to where he is, like most politicians, voters are just unwanted weight.

Awise1

Mar 17, 2011
N. Calif

I usually don't post a lot of remarks but your comment concerning the Calif. farmer being put out of business holds a special concern for me. I've been involved with fighting Sacramento water diversion since the 80's.
This battle over the tiny little fish, (California Delta smelt), is only presented as a battle between environmentalists and farmers and it is certainly more than just about one species of fish. They neglect to recognize the conservationists, (fishermen & hunters) in this battle and we actually side with the enviro-Nazis on this issue. You have to divide the farmers into individual owners and corporate farms to take a realistic look at this. The power grab for water comes from the corporate farms in the Central Valley. My now deceased father-in-law worked decades for Tenneco Corporate Farming, (yep, same Tenneco that makes Monroe shocks), which owns 1.1 million acres in Calif. and Az. His job was to turn alkaline soil which only supported sage brush, into soil suitable to grow crops. He got very good at it and even went to Saudi for 5yrs. to show them how to farm a desert. The first few years require crops like alfalfa and rice, flood irrigate with the eventual outcome to leach the salts and alkali to the water table. Then put in the thousands of acres of almond and walnut trees, or vegetables and keep pouring the fertilizers and water to it. The soil is still usless except for holding up the plant or tree; somewhat like hydroponics farming. I have no sympanthy for corporate farms but the individual farmer in soil rich areas should get the water they need. All this water comes from the Sacramento-San Joaquin water diversion down the American Aqueduct to the farms and also to L.A.. The result is a destroyed delta estuary with salt water intrusion pushing further and further inland, ruining an ecosystem that supports many species of fish, wildlife and native plants. This area contains 90% of California's coastal wetlands, drains 40% of the landmass from the Sierra Nevada and Coastal Range. All the species are intertwined together and as one species goes extinct, so will the next vulnerable species follow and so on and on......... I dont' care about California being the bread basket for the world, (there's too many people anyway) or about the jobs that would be lost, (thousands of illegal farmworkers might pack up and go home). Better end the rant before I get 86'd from the forum.