Live Chat Topics?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Quick question for all of you, what topics would you like us to cover in live chats?

We are rolling a few ideas around the office, but we want to cover the things that are most relevant to number one our subscribers, and number two, to the people who are a part of this forum!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I like that the topics are specific. Like the last one was Wy. I think it goes smoother then a general topic that the questions would be all over the map.

I would like to see a topic on High country camping. Gear essentials, do's and dont's.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I think a live chat dealing with field judging western big game would be beneficial to many people on Eastman's. I am very experienced but I'm not foolish enough to think I know it all- I would love to hear everyone's techniques.

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't mind seeing topics similar to the Wyoming topic from yesterday but for other states. How about a hunting deer and elk in the high country.

jims

Oct 5, 2012
KC Missouri
How about a live chat on how to deal with game animals once you've put one down, from skinning/cutting/caping to packing out or when you have to leave them overnight. I enjoyed the live chat yesterday on WY deer and antelope.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Deer and Elk hunting techniques for differant types of terrain, cover and elevations. High country above timberline to desert-plains would be interesting. May help some decide where and how they want to hunt?

I also enjoyed the Wyoming chat even though didn't get involved.

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
Tips, tactics, and gear for getting within bow distance once the prey has been spotted.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I do because I live here.... I don't think non-residents can apply right now but they have discussed allowing non-resident tags in the future. If there were more outside pressure, it may influence them to create a few tags for non-residents.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Fairer Non-Res fees... or at least some kind of consistency, ie 10x max multiplier from res to non res fees.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
How about remote scouting tips when all you have is some maps and the internet (google earth for example).

Reactions: dan maule

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
Deer and Elk hunting techniques for differant types of terrain, cover and elevations. High country above timberline to desert-plains would be interesting. May help some decide where and how they want to hunt?

I also enjoyed the Wyoming chat even though didn't get involved.
I second these kinds of techniques, personally I would like to hear some ideas on hunting wooded areas like the Sierras.