Leupold customer service

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I just received my Leupold scope back via UPS. I have owned several of their scopes and never had a problem with one. Unfortunately my VariXIII took a hard hit on a 15' drop off my deer stand last season. Leupold acknowledged the receipt of the scope via e-mail, and ended up replacing a couple parts, testing it all, then sent it back with no charge, not even postage. It's good to receive real customer service from an American company. My only complaint is that I didn't have the original box, and sent it in a Shepard scope box; it was returned in their own packaging.

fackelberry

Aug 27, 2013
Wyoming
My father bought a Leupold scope quite a few years back at a gun show. The lenses were pretty scratched up, he sent it to them and told them to replace the lenses and he would pay for it. They sent it back as you described and with no charge at all. Thats why all my guns have Leupold scopes on them. Awesome customer service and great quality for the price!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Almost all my optics are Leupold for good reason, they are quality pieces and they stand behind their product.

My Dad had a 6x Leupold before they started their "Gold Ring" thing and dropped the rifle and scope about 10 feet into some rocks. Scope was totaled, but I sent it to Leupold anyway. About 2 weeks later, a brand new 6x came in the mail, no charge. I was astounded. The old scope was at least 40 years old and when it was sold there was no "lifetime" warranty.

Hard to beat them.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I always get a chuckle when guys start talking up the Vortex warranty. Leupold has been providing this kind of service for 100 years.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
all I own is leupolds anymore and their quality and customer service is why I remain loyal.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I always get a chuckle when guys start talking up the Vortex warranty. Leupold has been providing this kind of service for 100 years.
I actually found a site that offers refurbished Vortex optics. I then asked myself the question of "just how many Vortex optics get sent in for warranty work that there would be a refurbished store for them?"

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
I actually found a site that offers refurbished Vortex optics. I then asked myself the question of "just how many Vortex optics get sent in for warranty work that there would be a refurbished store for them?"
Funny you say that. The Cabela's by my house has a pile of Vortex factory refurbished scopes for sale, with full factory warrantees, so said the sign. Makes one wonder, like the piles of Nikon refurbished optics I see from time to time. I own one Vortex and a bunch of Leupolds. We have had one Leupold go bad in my entire family, my brothers 3-9x40 from the early 80's, focus ring threads went out, they handed me a new updated one for him.

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
Scopes, rangefinder, spotter, binoculars. They treated me so well when I was younger and poor I will be a lifelong customer.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Same experience here, most recently last year with a pair of binoculars I sent in to see if they could replace an eye cup, brand new pair showed up 2 or 3 weeks later. Like buckbull said, Leupold has been providing great service for a long time, no wonder they have such a loyal customer base.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have a Boone & Crockett Leupold spotting scope that is going back for a tuneup today. Rubber eye cup is cracked and focus and power adjustments are getting stiff to turn. Called then and they said send it in....of course!