Last years deer meat? No problem...

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Had some deer steaks left over from last season. They go through the jerky slicer perfectly. :)

If it was up to me I think I would turn every animal into jerky. I love the stuff.

Also, I have had these wally world dehydrators for 15 years. They work great and cost next to nothing.1.jpg2.jpg

Reactions: Gr8bawana

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I used this one last time.

Jalapeno model

I got one of the high mountain garlic cracked pepper ones to try on the next run.

I mixed it in and then sprinkled so me on top while it was on the trays. You could have started a fire with the stuff.....lol
Not good because I really dont like hot stuff and it tears my guts up something bad. Against my better judgment, I went ahead and ate it all and so this time I tried the jalapeno again but I didn't sprinkle any on top of it when I placed it on the trays. I hope it isn't so hot.

I normally use Abe's jerky seasoning, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, A-1 sauce just because it has a good flavor and I bought a huge tub of it to save money.

The deer I am turning into Jerky was a very tough rutty tasting deer. So I need something strong to overpower it. When I ate a couple of the steaks they were simply inedible. I had to turn the whole thing into jerky. I hate to waste a deer. I am sure most people would have chucked the deer in the trash. It was just a very old buck in the rut. But if your going to shoot a deer a guy should at least eat it so here I am. Gnawing away...

I made enough jerky to last a season a month ago and its already all gone and I didn't give any of it away...so yes, I have a self diagnosed major jerky problem. lol

Reactions: Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
CC
I had to read that twice! I read it fast and thought you said “Soaking them in reefer”. :p I thought you’d crossed over and went for that Rocky Mountain high now that it’s legal.
Glad I re-read it!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Jerkey turned out much better this time. The Jalepeno flavor masks that old rutty buck pretty good. lol