Land through Craigslist

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
Has anyone had luck finding a trespass hunt through Craigslist? I'm looking for a ranch to hunt antelope. My biggest concern is putting my eggs in that basket and getting there to find out my ranch is a Walmart parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
It's buyer beware, but both I've found that way worked out well. What I did is make sure I had a back up, public land, I could hunt with the tag if needed.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I think that I would find the area that I wanted to hunt and then contact the local wildlife biologist and see if he could recommend any land owners.

I have always wondered about the results when I see those adds posted on Craiglist.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have looked into a couple. Neither I found was worth what they were charging IMO. I think it would be better to talk to area wardens and have them point you towards decent ranches.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Its hit or miss......always been a hit of you can see it before the hunt.....I know tough if you dont live out this way.

I get access to a WY 640 square every year for 200$......only hunter...... and it backs up against public on one side with a ton of checkerboard on the other sides.

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
I'd be nervous about that as well. You just never know what the hell you'll find when you get out there. Might be tons and tons of people hunting it as well. I think a guy is better off to pay up and get a tag in the special draw. At least that way you know what you're getting and what your options are.