Lake Clark National Park; Chilikondrotna river float

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Well the wife wanted an adventure for our anniversary. So we flew to Alaska and then took a bush flight into upper twin lake where the Dick Proeneke cabin is.
We visited the cabin and then i rowed both lakes and floated the chili and mulchotna rivers. Roughly 100 miles from where we where dropped off to the pick up point. It did rain every day, but oh well. Good gear helps with that. We did see one grizz and one bull moose. The wife caught fish and we had a great time. Basically the trip of a lifetime. I truly enjoy river running.

Attachments

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Wow what an adventure! Do your yeti (or whatever brand) keep a good enough seal to not worry about bears?

The wood hinges on that cabin door are awesome.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Wow what an adventure! Do your yeti (or whatever brand) keep a good enough seal to not worry about bears?

The wood hinges on that cabin door are awesome.
There was a wire tie thru the holes if a bear did try playing with it.
We did try to have a clean camp and made precautions fro bears, but they did not seem to be an issue. I never did zip up my sleeping bag and we camped with lots of water around us(so i could here them coming). There where salmon and lots of berries, so i believe a fat and happy bear is good. We did have bear spray and sidearms.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
A grand trip for sure.....I have a great wife, but she isn't quite up for a wild life, so hang on to yours. I hope you took notes on the cabin furniture. When you get back home you can start building some for your showroom floor and take up some of that backlog.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
A grand trip for sure.....I have a great wife, but she isn't quite up for a wild life, so hang on to yours. I hope you took notes on the cabin furniture. When you get back home you can start building some for your showroom floor and take up some of that backlog.
I do have a gooder, that is for sure.
The backlog will be years unfortunately.

Reactions: RICMIC

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
right on ! sounds like an awesome trip. thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!

have to say, that grizz in the background of your pick is pretty awesome also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!