Kids are so Innocent!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I was going thru some old pictures when I came across this one. It is of my son, who was about 5 at the time. We were sitting drinking a brewski or 2 and my wife said "Look at Steve!" We all started laughing and I took the picture. Kids are so innocent when they are young.

We used to go to the Salton Sea in southern California to water ski. It was really great, except for the salty water which was a PITA to get everything clean when we got home. My old ski boat is in the background. It was a 14' JavLyn wooden flat bottom with a 100 hp Merc. It would do 75 to 80 mph if I had the guts to keep the throttle all the way open. Wish I had it back as it was a really great ski boat.

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I’m 53 and I still do the same thing your son did.
I usually try to keep my pants on but no guarantee.
Thankfully there are no pics lol

not trying to take anything away from that photo of you son CC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottR and kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I’m 53 and I still do the same thing your son did.
I usually try to keep my pants on but no guarantee.
Thankfully there are no pics lol

not trying to take anything away from that photo of you son CC.
thankfully I was not blessed in that manner so people just point and say ,"look at that lil kid." LOL.

hueycol

Jul 2, 2021
I can imagine the laughter that must have echoed through that moment. Salton Sea sounds like a blast, despite the salty aftermath. Your JavLyn wooden flat bottom boat with a 100 hp Merc sounds like a speed demon! 75-80 mph on water? That's wild! Must've been a thrill to navigate. I bet it added a whole new level of excitement to your water skiing adventures. And hey, welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new here too. Speaking of kids, have you ever stumbled upon any cool, free stuff for baby? I've been scouring the internet for ideas and suggestions. Parenthood is a wild ride, isn't it? Always looking for tips and tricks to make it a bit smoother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
That picture of your son is a real gem, and it captures a moment of pure innocence and joy. It's amazing how kids can bring laughter and unforgettable memories with the simplest things. Skiing at the Salton Sea in California sounds like a real adventure, despite the salty water cleanup hassle. Your 14' JavLyn ski boat with the 100 hp Merc must have been a beast on the water! I can imagine the rush of speeding at 75-80 mph. It's a shame you don't have it anymore. BTW, if you're ever looking for baby samples or trying to save a few bucks, you should check out free baby samples online for some great resources.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
That picture of your son is a real gem, and it captures a moment of pure innocence and joy. It's amazing how kids can bring laughter and unforgettable memories with the simplest things. Skiing at the Salton Sea in California sounds like a real adventure, despite the salty water cleanup hassle. Your 14' JavLyn ski boat with the 100 hp Merc must have been a beast on the water! I can imagine the rush of speeding at 75-80 mph. It's a shame you don't have it anymore.
The water in the Salton Sea is so salty now that no one boats there any more. I treasure that picture as my son is going to be 58 this month. I too wish I had the Javlyn, but at the time I wanted a bigger boat and sold it. It was fun and sometimes could get a little scary.