Kabob Tuesday....

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
...AKA, cleaning out the freezer.

cut up small, soaked in a stick of melted margarine, worchestershire, Cachere's. zesty italian & a touch of jalapeno juice

Put on a skewer with bacon & jalapenos, and marinade poured back on it

chunked on a grill for about 15 minutes/1 beer (until bacon is done)

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Dove season opens a week from Monday here... I can't wait. My recipe is as follows;

Place a dove breast on a tooth pick, add jalapeno slice, add onion slice, wrap in bacon using the tooth pick to hold it all together. I Repeat the process until I have enough to fill up a cookie sheet. Melt a stick of butter and add 2 table spoons of brown sugar to the bowl. Once it is all dissolved, spoon or brush the liquid on the mini dove kabobs. Bake it until the bacon is done.... enjoy.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
Dove season opens a week from Monday here... I can't wait. My recipe is as follows;

Place a dove breast on a tooth pick, add jalapeno slice, add onion slice, wrap in bacon using the tooth pick to hold it all together. I Repeat the process until I have enough to fill up a cookie sheet. Melt a stick of butter and add 2 table spoons of brown sugar to the bowl. Once it is all dissolved, spoon or brush the liquid on the mini dove kabobs. Bake it until the bacon is done.... enjoy.
Opens the 1st here too and I have a bunch of Eurasian town bird freebies lined up. My recipe is similar except I add Colby Jack cheese between the bacon & jalapeño.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Opens the 1st here too and I have a bunch of Eurasian town bird freebies lined up. My recipe is similar except I add Colby Jack cheese between the bacon & jalapeño.
They opened the season on Eurasian doves here year round... The problem is they truly live in the little towns so shooting opportunities have been few. I have a couple of water holes scouted so as long as the weather holds I should have great shooting that evening on the morning doves.

packmule

Veteran member
Jun 21, 2011
TX
We can kill them year-round, just don't get interested in it until I can shoot a few white wings and mourning. We hunt right up against small towns in West Tx and shoot them as they head out to the pivots. Last year we got attacked by a swarm of white wings after our group have 200+ Eurasians shot.