June 6, 1944

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Just was posting about this on some social media sites to remember the some 425,000 that died, or got wounded on this day. Then some jack wagon says did this just happen today? I thought man, some people suck.

A great day that change the course of history!

Last edited:

jmwyoming

Feb 28, 2013
Lost springs wy
To the men of 1st Inf Div, 29th Inf Div, and of the A,B, and C Companies 2nd Ranger Bn. {Omaha beach}. The 4th Inf Div {Utah beach} D,E, and F Companies 2nd Ranger Bn {Point Du Hoc}. The 82nd and 101st Abn Divisions who went in the night of Jun 5th. May your courage, self sacrifice, intestinal fortitude and the will to accept nothing less than victory always endeavor to prevail.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
God bless the men who had it in them to save the world. Every time I watch the
Tv I'm reminded just how far from that we've came. It's a damn shame that we can remember every quote that Mohammed Ali made but not the huge sacrifice that the MEN made that founded this country and defended it to the death so many times. God bless all the souls that really meant something when it comes to freedom.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Couldn't agree more swampokie and everyone else for that matter. Only 72 years ago such sacrifice was given. Now to see our president on an apology tour...what a pathetic piece of $hit.
Heard today how they were allowing transgender surgeries for members of the military through the VA. Surely they are kidding?? Our war veterans can't get decent healthcare from the VA but now if you want a sex change they'll gladly help you with that. Please tell me this ain't true. If so, both my grand daddy's are rolling over in their grave. This man is tearing us down! It's time to call it like we see it! Can't stand 4 more years of this crap!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Matt, our fearless leader calls in a "bump in the road" tell that to the families of the two Navy Seals! One thing I can say we are in a different time and that I wish our leaders at least watch the history channel!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My Dad's best friend landed at Omaha Beach on this day. He was a great man and just didn't want to talk much about what he saw that day. He was awarded a Silver Star, 2 Bronze Stars and 2 Purple hearts. I am a disabled vet (from a different era) and really see that the Greatest Generation does not fully describe the sacrifices made by them.

Rest in Peace my warriors, God Bless Them All!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Matt, our fearless leader calls in a "bump in the road" tell that to the families of the two Navy Seals! One thing I can say we are in a different time and that I wish our leaders at least watch the history channel!
I wish they would've at least paid attention to 15 minutes of History class in junior high. And hell he grew up in Hawaii so he says.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
this last 8 years has been a bump in the rd. it will soon be over! I have been raised to always support and hold respect for the president of the united states, but I just cant for this ignoramus.

As a nurse in a fairly small hospital, I don't really ever take care of anybody you would consider famous. The one exception was an older gentleman I took care of for one night. In report the next morning I was filled in on the full story. As it was told to me, he was the last surviving member of the first platoon of soldiers to land on Omaha Beach that day. He told us about not being able to swim but jumping off the boat into 10 feet of water with a 100-pound pack. He just said, "We did what we had to do."

The nurse who was telling me this was quite awed by the significance of this gentleman's place in history. Coming from a very different generation, his comment was, "I have played HIM in a video game." One of the most thought-provoking patients I've ever cared for.

He was hoping to survive to one more of the reunions, but his health was poor already, and I believe he passed away too soon.

QQ

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I have coffee five days a week with 92 year old WWII B24 bombidere that flew 13 missions over Germany. He was shot down in consecutive missions over Austria. He made it back each time only to crash land again in northern Italy! Simply amazing generation! The name of his plane "Klunker" he was doomed from the start.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
That's awesome Pete. My granddaddy used to sit and tell us stories about the war. None of his were quite that impressive but they were still awesome. I would love to sit down with him one more time and listen. I miss both of my granddads. They were and are TRUE AMERICAN HEROES! Greatest generation ever!

480/277

Very Active Member
Feb 23, 2013
My uncle landed with the combat engineers. He was wounded and was shipped home.

My stepdad landed D-Day plus 2 and made the full European Theater including The Battle of the Bulge. All he ever said when asked if he saw action was " well , I was in a whore house one time and the building next door got bombed"
That was his way of saying bug off....