June 25th bull

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Nice bull !
Is he in an area you can hunt or did you fly by him out in the middle of no-where?
Of course, from the looks of the photo you would have been flying pretty low ...
;)

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
This guy is in an area just on the edge of Anchorage that I hike frequently. Can't hunt there, but I enjoying seeing some really good bulls that hang out there, especially in the fall during the rut. A great place to practice calling them and trying to get a photo!
I like flying low...but not quite THAT low!

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
This guy is in an area just on the edge of Anchorage that I hike frequently. Can't hunt there, but I enjoying seeing some really good bulls that hang out there, especially in the fall during the rut. A great place to practice calling them and trying to get a photo!
I like flying low...but not quite THAT low!
Sounds like a very nice place to hike and a great place for photos :)
I flew Army helo's up there for 4 years and we did fly that low ... although we weren't supposed to get within 500 feet of big game so we wouldn't harass them. Most guys followed the rules, although once in a while someone would come back with a real "close-up" of a big bull or something taken with a small pocket type camera ... hmmmmm.

Reactions: AKaviator