It's Official I'm Going Back

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The customs office is in a different building to the east of the main terminal and it is secured now so that you can't just drop in on them.

Travis Horner

Feb 28, 2020
Powell, WY
To have just one opportunity to go over seas and hunt anywhere else in the world besides the states would be a dream come true. I've got a couple spots waiting for a Kudu and a Sable Antelope when it happens... There is so much adventure out their. Go get it!!!!

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
To have just one opportunity to go over seas and hunt anywhere else in the world besides the states would be a dream come true. I've got a couple spots waiting for a Kudu and a Sable Antelope when it happens... There is so much adventure out their. Go get it!!!!
Costs can add up quickly but really some hunts are very reasonable.
My hunt is under 3k plus airfare and such.
But only 4 animals. Warthog, zebra, blue wildebeest, and blesbok.
I've got Romania booked next year for 3800 for red stag and roe deer.
I work hunt and fish. I really have no bills anymore though.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
congrats on going back. IT is funny, africa is not on my list, going back to alaska always is though, even though alaska is colder, darker and more money. what am i thinking? I guess the big cold places, intrigue me.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have thought about Alaska for the last 60 years and the closest that I have gotten is British Colombia for a grizzly hunt.

I look at the cost of those hunts up in Alaska for what I want to hunt and I then look at my pocket book and figure that I can just dream some more. I have even seen a couple of cancellation hunt for Yukon moose that I could afford but those hunts went faster than a ice cube on hot asphalt in July.

One of the nicer things about Africa is that it is affordable to the average person to at least go over once in their life and to be able to hunt multiple animals for what a guided elk hunt cost here in the US is a huge advantage. The only sad thing is that we can't bring or have shipped any of the meat home. So we have to be satisfied with the trophy part of the animal. But with most outfitters there you can try a lot of the meat from the animals that are shot. I think that they do that just to wet your appetite to go back for some more.

A couple of the other nice things is that they pamper the hunter. While breakfast and lunch may be something simple the dinners at the lodges are fantastic. Laundry is done every day so you don't have to pack a couple weeks worth of clothing, and the folks are as friendly as you can get.

Reactions: AKaviator

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
huh, you mean eating freeze dried or mre's for over 10 days is not gourmet?

One trip, i threw my mountain house wrapper next to the tarp we where sleeping under, my buddy looks at me with the "dude, bears, come on you can't do that" i looked at him and said, i have blood in my hair, all over my clothes, we have 1500lbs of meat hanging, if he wants the mountain house, he can have it. My buddy just laughed. Such the opposite of fresh linen and great meals. congrats on your hunt.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Costs can add up quickly but really some hunts are very reasonable.
My hunt is under 3k plus airfare and such.
But only 4 animals. Warthog, zebra, blue wildebeest, and blesbok.
I've got Romania booked next year for 3800 for red stag and roe deer.
I work hunt and fish. I really have no bills anymore though.
That Romania trip sounds pretty epic.