Iridium Go

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Hope everyone has been doing good, been awhile since I have made a post on here. Anyways I was looking at possibly getting an Iridium Go. I like how you can use your cellphone to connect to it and seems like it's less bulky than a sat phone. Has anyone used them? They worth the money or would I be better off going with a regular sat phone?

Thanks,
idcwby

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Do you need it because you want voice comms ?
Ya, I need to be able to talk because I still have to call landlines.

I'm open to suggestions, from what I've researched the Iridium network is the best.

Thanks
idcwby

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
If voice is required that's the way to go. I'd recommend a handheld though for ease of operation and simplicity. Vice the two pieces of electronic gear( IRD Go + Phone for comms) More things to charge and or keep working or not broken.
One of the Extreme models

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Slugz, do you know if you can recharge them with solar panels? Do you got any experience with the different Iridium phones?

Thanks
idcwby

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I am also curious about this. My wife and I will be moose hunting and she wants to be able to talk to our daughter.

I priced a package for 60 minutes of talk time and a rental and im looking at 250$!!! Whaaaaaaat?!?

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I am also curious about this. My wife and I will be moose hunting and she wants to be able to talk to our daughter.

I priced a package for 60 minutes of talk time and a rental and im looking at 250$!!! Whaaaaaaat?!?
There are quite a few places to rent from, I discovered when looking for a plan for this phone. I don't know if you can get it with a rental, but a pay as you go might be a better option.

idcwby