I'm going to Montana on a Lion Hunt

i.hunt

Jul 31, 2012
Adirondack Mountains, NY
I talked with a good buddy that lives in Montana the last few days and he talked me into putting in to hunt Lions this year so I did and I am so excited, he has his own hounds and the last 7 years or so has been 100% success for he and his son and anyone that hunted with him.... I am gonna use my Smith and Wesson 460 Mag which he says may be a little much lol lol but it's what I got other than my .357 Mag.... I can always shoot 45 long colt or 454 casull in the 460 if I have to.... did I say I can't wait.... :cool:

NM_Archer

Jun 6, 2011
New Mexico
Make sure you are in great physical condition! Some of the toughest hunts I have been on. Iv been trying to get one with my bow for last 2 yrs now. Good luck and have a blast!

i.hunt

Jul 31, 2012
Adirondack Mountains, NY
Killed one here in MT last season. It is so much fun. Where you heading to i.hunt.
It is just south of Missoula .... gathering info now and waiting for the draw to get that tag.... I can't wait, the girl that helped me fill out the info online was very helpful offered me some advice on the draw if it didn't work out for me and wished me luck lol lol

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
That's awesome . Id like to shoot one with my 460 S&W or 454 Cassul too. A friend of mine in N.Mex went on one 2 yrs ago and he is young and great shape, kicked his ass ! He said it was a blast . Has pics of lion in juniper tree snarling at them near a cliff with snow ground and red cliffs. Awesome looking.

Last edited:

PaulGills

Aug 22, 2012
Friends of mine who live in Montana generally go on hunting the wild animals on weekend. They had hunted tiger, antelope, wolf and panthers many times but forest officers banned them to wonder there again. So, they are now in the search of any new place. Please let me know if you have any.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
A pistol might be nice and easy...

I plan to break out the .30-30 for this hunt.

I wonder if I could combo it with a wolf/bobcat too? or some general deer/elk tag just in case...