idaho moose sheep goat results are out

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
so far I only know of non res that have drawn. no wonder I cant draw! !! congrats guys, that's awesome

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
The only unit 11 sheep tag was drawn by a non-res....that just doesnt make a lick of sense!! Talk about screwing your own people Idaho
I know what you mean, I know non res love putting in for Idaho because they know they have a chance to draw but in units with only one tag, that should go to a res. I congratulate whomever drew it, they are very lucky and will have a fantastic hunt, but.... kinda seems like fish and game is just after the money that comes from non res over res sometimes. no offense at all meant towards non res hunters.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
I know what you mean, I know non res love putting in for Idaho because they know they have a chance to draw but in units with only one tag, that should go to a res. I congratulate whomever drew it, they are very lucky and will have a fantastic hunt, but.... kinda seems like fish and game is just after the money that comes from non res over res sometimes. no offense at all meant towards non res hunters.
I couldnt agree more...technically the "best" sheep tag in the state, and one of the top tags in the country for a book ram IMO...if they only give out 1, it should 100% be going to a resident of the state. Thats absolute bs, and I am currently a Non-Res of Idaho. Some of the stuff going on with Idaho legislatures and the governor have me pretty worried about the wildlife and hunting in the upcoming future....

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
I think Idaho's system is great myself. It's the luck of the draw and 90% of the tags go to residents yet they generate a heck of a lot of revenue on non resident apps. Here in Oregon most sheep hunts don't offer any non resident tags and consequently we earn very little revenue from apps. Many here feel we are missing the boat in that department so I guess it's true you can never please everybody.

Unfortunately it does take money to run a wildlife department. I would rather see ways to generate money that don't involve selling thousands of forked horn mule deer tags.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I can understand the frustration about the Unit 11 tag. Personally, I rarely apply in Idaho but as the most interesting man in the world would say "I don't always choose to spend $200 in Idaho to apply for a hunt, but when I do it is for Unit 11."

I know the odds are slim, but every few years I buy an Idaho Unit 11 sheep "lottery ticket".

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
that's awesome. you know where at in 76-1 you are going to target? that's 3 dead moose right there my man

Packer79

Jun 7, 2016
Boise
Not yet, we're heading over in July to look for a couple days. I think we might start out of Georgetown/Sulpher Creek area.