Idaho 45 elk

Jmiz

Aug 9, 2020
Got lucky in Idaho. Drew unit 45 elk. Not at all familiar with unit at all. Just moved here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I imagine it would! I have a cow tag there myself and have no need for help.
good luck and congrats!

Last edited:

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Best go put boots on the ground ASAP
Just curious but why did you put in for it if you didn't know "anything" about it.

Reactions: kidoggy

Jmiz

Aug 9, 2020
Best go put boots on the ground ASAP
Just curious but why did you put in for it if you didn't know "anything" about it.
Moved up here and had a friend tell me to put in for a few controlled hunts. He told me to put in for 45 elk so I looked it up looked it up in the Eastmans LMS and thought OK. Got lucky!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
maybe your friend will be willing to help you then. I will give you a tip though. get some permission to access private property cause that's where the majority of the elk are gonna be in that unit. everybody wants a tag for this unit , most end up disapointed because they didn't do the work to gain the access. but you will see tons of elk, they will just be on the wrong side of the fence.

don't know which hunt you drew but that unit has become a complete and utter s$%tshow the past couple years. private property is your best bet.

Last edited:

Jmiz

Aug 9, 2020
maybe your friend will be willing to help you then. I will give you a tip though. get some permission to access private property cause that's where the majority of the elk are gonna be in that unit. everybody wants a tag for this unit , most end up disapointed because they didn't do the work to gain the access. but you will see tons of elk, they will just be on the wrong side of the fence.

don't know which hunt you drew but that unit has become a complete and utter s$%tshow the past couple years. private property is your best bet.
Thanks for the information. Working on private access as we speak.