Husky or Wolf?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
And a potential tongue lashing from every animal rights activist for the next year. lol

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I'd like to know the "when and where" of the story, but it sure looks like a husky to me!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
who cares ?????????? it ain't gonna chase no more deer! 😁
I don't think anyone would disagree with you there! On many occasions growing up on a dairy in northern Wisconsin we had to dispatch a domestic dog chasing heifers in the pasture. Big difference in killing a domestic chasing deer. Than killing a domestic, skinning it, and hualing it to the taxidermist to get tanned! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I don't think anyone would disagree with you there! On many occasions growing up on a dairy in northern Wisconsin we had to dispatch a domestic dog chasing heifers in the pasture. Big difference in killing a domestic chasing deer. Than killing a domestic, skinning it, and hualing it to the taxidermist to get tanned! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think he should do a life size!!!!!!!! maybe even go big and add a deer being chased. ;)

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

A buddy killed this coyote years ago. It was in fact a coyote. It was running with another coyote and the PA Game commission verified it was indeed a coyote.

They have a full mount of it in their house.

Everyone asks him what the dogs looking at when they walk in... lol

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
After seeing some of these coyote pictures maybe I didn't kill as many domestics as I did coyotes?!?

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I don't know.. Some dogs look like wolves, so maybe some wolves look like dogs? Definitely looks like a dog to me though.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I wonder if some of these yotes are actually hybrids that have mated with dogs. I remember when I was really young and following dad on the trapline that he had caught a coydog in a foothold trap. It looked like a coyote but much bigger than normal. When my dad saw it we turned around and went back to the truck. He grabbed his shotgun and some 12 guage slugs and made me stay in the truck.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
How big was the critter? Doesn't look like a 100#+ wolf.

We'd see packs of coyotes & coydogs back in the day up north. Not so much down here in the south. Too many bulldogs I guess.