Hunting seasons are close

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Squirrel season opens tomorrow! Not quite elk season, but it's nice to know it is officially hunting season! Hope everyone has a good one!

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
21 days till my first opening day. With work being 11-15 hour days, everyday, time will fly between now and then.

Last edited:

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I can't wait, either! Going to be carrying the shotgun on scouting trips. I have a small game tag too this year, so maybe I'll get lucky before big-game season and flush a grouse or rabbit while I'm hiking. Here in Colorado, Dusky Grouse opens in Sept and rabbit and squirrel open in Oct. I screwed up my antelope lottery filing and drew a tag I can't use (GMU has no public land), and my deer/elk don't start til November. Gotta have something to do until then.

I know some of y'all like to work out or whatever, but I never got into the gym habit. "Exercise is wonderful. I could sit and watch it all day." For me, that applies to gyms. I have to be actually out hiking or I get bored out of my mind.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Like boiler said, squirrel opened here today. I may take the shotgun out tonight and see if I can pop some squirrels while I hike in to check some cameras I've got on a chunk of public land.

One month until the first archery deer season opens here in Indiana. I'm going to try to take a doe early on.

6.5 weeks until my Wyoming pronghorn/elk hunt.

11.5 weeks until my Colorado deer hunt.

Shortly after Colorado, firearms season for deer opens here.

We're almost to the best part of the year..

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I start Archery hunting in Georgia on September 8th.

Last year I was hunting in shorts and crocs....

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
My cow elk season opened today... Hard to still be in an office in Nebraska! The season is open for a long time so I'll be able to go later this fall. I'll have a bow in my hand chasing bugling bulls on September 7th. Good luck to everyone.

JEandAsGuide

Dec 11, 2012
Zachary, LA
Leave for Idaho in 12 days for archery elk and deer. Taking my wife to Wyoming for her first antelope hunt in October then back to Idaho for general rifle deer if I still have a tag. The last few days of October through the first week of November will be spent in Southern Iowa with an archery whitetail tag. Already have more than usual good deer(for the South) on camera so the kids should have fun in December and January. I?m pretty sure I say this every year but I have never looked forward to a season more than this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
Very nice ssliger! I had a couple buddies out in blinds but they didn't have any shooters in range.
Those guys that can sit blinds have my respect. Don?t think I could do it. That guy was stalk #6 on the day, that whistle/buzz sound they make when they peg you down is infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk