Hunt/Points Trade Elk for Deer Oregon

The Deer

Nov 24, 2013
Eastern Oregon
This is a long shot but I thought I would ask;

Do you have 18 or more elk points in Oregon and an Oregon resident? Are you an archery elk hunter? Do you have few deer points even zero and want to draw a quality tag that takes 7 points? If you fit this criteria I have a trade for you that you will be interested in. I am also willing to the majority of scouting for you if you are not interested in deer hunting trade. I am looking to draw Wenaha elk this year.

Thank you

Last edited:

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
How is Wenaha on the Oregon side? I Hunted 5 days with the spike tag on the WA side last year and never saw an elk other then a small 5 point someone was driving out with when I was going in.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I heard good things about it MM. I will never know myself.. two decades is too long to wait for me!
Im not sure its worth the wait either (on my side anyways) from what I saw this year. Some monster elk do come out of there though. I just apply because its cheap for me and I can atleast go camping with the general tag I have to get to apply. lol

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Im not sure its worth the wait either (on my side anyways) from what I saw this year. Some monster elk do come out of there though. I just apply because its cheap for me and I can atleast go camping with the general tag I have to get to apply. lol
I am not aware of any "general tags" issued on Oregon when you buy a hunting license to apply?!?

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
That area is considered a top area in WA too and typically takes over 10 points to draw. I just didnt think finding an elk in it would be so difficult.