Hows your winter?

mconway951

Jan 25, 2012
Just thought id see how the winter has been in other parts of the country here in MN we have basically had no winter at all. Next to no snow at all and warm temps so perfect to the game animals. How bout in your neck of the woods?

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
Sucks here in CA. Almost know winter either. If we don't start getting some water soon we are going to be in deep s$$$. It has been nice and mild for the animals but that isn't going to be a good thing come this summer. Also the horn growth is going to be pretty weak for this coming fall. :( Come on rain and snow!!!

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
We have had a very mild winter in southeast WY. The temps were mild and up until last month, not much snow. Although we did get a lot of snow last month and they say snow pack is above 100%. So hopes are high.

Wyohunter

Mar 6, 2012
Here in northeast wyoming its been very mild not to much snow, not very many days with bitter cold temps. We still have gotten and fair ammount of moisture just not too much snow. There should not be much winter kill unless we get a couple of major spring blizzards in late march or early april.

Jerry

Feb 21, 2011
Joseph Or
NE Oregon has been very mild! Mountain snow levels only about 75%.
Driving through town today I saw girls in shorts and tank tops! Mid 50's most of this week but slight chance of snow/rain before the weekend is out!

Conrad8899

Oct 15, 2011
Casper Wy
Here in NW Pa. We have had very little snow this year. Wife and I drove to Sailt Lake City. On I 80 this week. Very little snow all the way across I80.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
hardly had a winter here in eastern WA. Only had snow that stuck very long a couple times. Plenty of rain and moisture though.

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reno has not really seen a winter(yet). They say a good storm is coming next week though. You know though, a meteorologist still collects a paycheck at the end of the day even if he is wrong 9 times out of ten.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Reno has not really seen a winter(yet). They say a good storm is coming next week though. You know though, a meteorologist still collects a paycheck at the end of the day even if he is wrong 9 times out of ten.
Ya n dout these people can just look out the window in the morning and have a better chance of getting our weather correct. Winter has pretty much sucked. The snow pack is only at 30%

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Pretty normal here.
Yep same here in SW Colorado. I live at 6800' on a big plateau below the San Juans and the La Platas. Both have lots of peaks over 12,000' and they have lots of snow. The latest snotel report say right at 100% of snowpack/moisture. We have not had as much snow at my place as the last couple of years, but still lots of moisture. All the local lakes started the winter above average. The report from our irrigation company that I am part of predicts a 100% allotment this year, looks ok here.

Old Hunter

Banned
Dec 28, 2011
Buena Vista, Co.
As you may know. Buena Vista is in a valley at 8000ft. We're surrounded by over 20 mountains at 14,000ft. The mountains suck most of the moisture out before it hits us. They call the valley the banana belt, because of the mild weather. However, the mountains always get plenty of snow, and there's never a shortage of water for the valley and Arkansas River.

Nice place to live, and only 15 min from the elk and deer.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
If I had it to do all over again I would go to school to be a weather man. Get paid a six digit salary to be wrong 90% of the time. Besides if you ask my wife she says I have the 90% thing down to an art. :D

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
It has been a great winter as far as I am concerned, have not had much snow like we usually do, and the temps have been very nice for winter. The deer in Northern Utah have really needed this.

BossBrott

Mar 4, 2012
Colfax,CA
Looks like winter will start tonight and end the middle of next week!

We havent had 2 consecutive days of rain all year, last year we had numerous 5 day stretches of rain.

SDbowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Winner, SD
Its march and we hit 78 here in SD today, last year at this time we had 2 feet of snow and much colder. only one snow storm this year amounted to anything and it was the wet fluffy kind and melted off pretty quick, green grass is starting to show!

Booner

Feb 21, 2011
Nebraska
Been a good winter to own a motorcycle here in Nebraska! Was almost 80 today, and the rest of the week is the same. My dad said he has seen really good horn growth on the antelope!