How do you hunt for hunting rifles on sale?

NealRodriquez

May 9, 2021
Hello everyone
I was quite a deer hunter in Wyoming, but on a recent hunt my gun was badly damaged so I decided to buy a new shotgun but still couldn't find the location. point to buy. Can you help me tell me where the store to buy is the most reputable and reliable?
Thank you so much

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Store wise, any of them that have a sale going on. Right now is a bad time to buy since there is no hunting season going on, that and people are looking to buy anything that they can get their hands on.

Usually in the fall just before hunting seasons start is when the sales will hit, both with shotguns and rifles. If you don't want to wait until then start cruising the stores in your area that handle firearms. Also it is mostly the firearm manufacture that will warranty the firearm if there is a problem and not the dealer.

You don't mention where you are located at or what stores you have available. But most Walmart's carry rifles and shotguns

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
most stores that sell firearms are reputable . I would avoid any that have to take you in the backroom where their inventory is hidden behind a false wall.;):ROFLMAO:

is your question , which will give the best deal??????????
if so, that can change from one day to the next.

just pick the manufacturer and caliber you want and shop around . often the big box stores (cabelas, sportsmans wharehouse and such) can give the best deals do to "buying power " but this is NOT always the case.

such stores also have huge overhead costs so if you shop around a smaller momanpop type gun store may/often will, beat their price.

personally, I prefer to deal with the smaller local shops .

what exactly, are you looking for?

I know you said shotgun but what

gauge?

scatter vs slug?

pump ,over/under , single shot, semi ???

brand/ manufacturer??

the answers to these questions will greatly improve the ability of site members to offer advice

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The post seems like spam. If the OP was hunting deer in Wyoming it would most probably be with a rifle. So if you damaged your rifle, why would you want to replace it with a shotgun?
I thought the same but I figured I would go with benefit of the doubt .
why would a deer hunter post this in the elk section??????????????

time will tell if it was a one post wonder.

Last edited: