How Come Nobody Ever Talks About These Podcasts?

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
I have listened to a bunch of Eastmans' Elevated podcasts and really enjoyed them. Brian's positive attitude and insights make them really worthwhile to me. The last one I listened to was about a Coues hunt in Arizona. It was fun to listen in as they recount the tricky aspects of the hunt from the cactus constantly poking them to the difficulty of spotting the deer that blend into their surroundings so well. The mountain lion sighting is something I would love to experience as well. I can totally relate to his account of adding racing stripes down the sides of his truck as he scraped through the brush and the anxious feeling of getting into a spot that he almost couldn't get the truck out of. The whole thing made me want to go down and give it a try myself.

I notice that no one ever talks about them here though. Who else is enjoying these?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have listened to a bunch of Eastmans' Elevated podcasts and really enjoyed them. Brian's positive attitude and insights make them really worthwhile to me. The last one I listened to was about a Coues hunt in Arizona. It was fun to listen in as they recount the tricky aspects of the hunt from the cactus constantly poking them to the difficulty of spotting the deer that blend into their surroundings so well. The mountain lion sighting is something I would love to experience as well. I can totally relate to his account of adding racing stripes down the sides of his truck as he scraped through the brush and the anxious feeling of getting into a spot that he almost couldn't get the truck out of. The whole thing made me want to go down and give it a try myself.

I notice that no one ever talks about them here though. Who else is enjoying these?
Dude, thank you for the kind words. I will make sure that Brian sees this and we are constantly working to grow the podcast audience. I know through conversations with many on here that we have a strong following on the forum. Ikeepitcold is about as diehard of a listener as they come.

rcfireninja

Mar 3, 2014
Rapid City, SD
I am subscribed and listen to them all the time. It helps me in planning future hunts as well as learning from their experiences. My favorite time to listen is while driving on my wan to hunt. Helps get me in the right mindset. Hearing about the opportunities in Montana for bear, deer and elk actually inspired me to put in this year for the combo tag in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
i have listened to every one!!!! started with his very first. best podcast out there!!!! brians personality and attitude is awesome!!!

BKhunter50

Jan 14, 2017
Canton, Mississippi
Before I give my two cents on the Podcasts I must admit I'm a "get to the point" type of person. I don't care much for small talk and conversation that takes people down rabbit holes. That probably comes from managing people for 30 years in a fast paced invironment. That said, I usually get something out of the Podcasts and find it worth while, but I sometimes find the discussion before and after the key points too chatty. Too much "yea, I love elk hunting! Yea I love elk hunting too! You really get after it! Yea, and you really get after it too! Don't get me wrong, I love the enthusiasm and passion - but I would prefer the Podcast to have less small talk and be more to the point.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud here - because I obviously find them worth while - just offering feedback that can be ignored or considered for future reference. Either way - keep them coming. Thank you.

Never in Doubt

Jul 9, 2012
Yeah conversation styles and personalities can make podcasts easier or harder to listen to based on your preference. I enjoy lots of stories to make points, as well as facts and hard advice and strategies in my podcasts more than a couple of guys slapping each other on the back for 15 minutes. But if that's someone style I usually put up it if I can glean helpful knowledge from them.

I'm sure whatever small things I don't particularly care for, 10 other people like haha.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Those racing stripes on the side of the truck are referred to as Arizona pinstriping.
You can tell someone lives here without even looking at the licence plate.If its a truck from Az. its got
AZ. pinstriping.So do my forearms half the time.