Hornady Interlock

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Curious to hear about experiences with the Interlock?

I know its an old cup and core design, not unlike the Sierra and Speers I've been using successfully in my .280; the last 6 head of game I killed didn't protest getting sent to heaven by non premium cup and core bullets.

200 gr spire point Interlocks will be the starting point for load development in my 35 Whelen this summer; unless something changes with all these shortages: they're all I could get/find; so I grabbed 2 boxes/100. Even they were up in price, costing almost $60 for a box of 100. 35 cal bullets seemed to be getting scarcer and scarcer each time I shopped online. Sierra hasn't had Gamekings for months. Speer, Nosler too.

This will be a deer load inside 275 yards.

Last edited:

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Shot lots of stuff with them out of 340 wby and 300 wby. Never had a problem, I guess I just followed the trend to Barnes and Accubonds. Killed several black bears with them years ago and never had to track any.

Reactions: bingo and Prerylyon

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Appreciate all the replies. I know they generally have a good reputation, but always like hearing about experiences from good people; that I've come to trust over the years, of hanging out on here. These shortages are forcing me branch out and try some different products.

Reactions: bingo