High country mulies 21' who's in??

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Man it is that time of the year again and as most plains have been made and just wondering who else will be out chasing velvet mulies in the high country? I was just looking back over some of the past years threads and hunts guys have had in the past decade or so fun to look back at for sure..

They guy below is right at the top of the list of who I hope to return see once the snow melts...

So who is expecting to be chasing velvet mule deer at elevation this fall?

0DDE57C1-61C4-44C1-BA84-CE2E64E31434.jpeg

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I would hunt them every year if I could, but as a NR it's tough to draw a tag again once I used my points. Burned 10 pts. in CO a couple years ago, and 4 in WY this past year. I can draw other deer hunts, but they are generally not in the high country or in a very poor deer area. I will keep getting points, but have worn out all my partners and may have to make the climb alone while in my 70's.

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
Hopefully I'll be chasing hard horned bucks during the rut this year in 3rd season. Good luck, that's a heck of a buck to be chasing!

Reactions: ColoradoV

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
I dont know how I missed this thread. That buck is so big it doesn't look real.

What do you mean he is just a 3 on that one side lol?? His eyeguards are pretty good tho. Just kidding and my friend almost got him with me watching/helping..

This past season was crazy for me with just randomness and that blizzard that put down 18-20" of snow for the opener of muzzy just added to well 2020. Throw in a once in a lifetime type buck (not the one above much bigger) as well as other hunters (guided and diy deer, elk, as well as bear) and I guess it was a pretty epic adventure this past year..

Still hoping for a more normal 2021. I dont think I will draw but hope that a tag finds its way to me somehow.

The buck below got a pass this year as he is very young and has the chance to be well perfect... Hope to see him again as well 👍..
6FE59CB4-6C26-42E8-BC21-211CF33CF24C.jpeg

Last edited:

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Yep, ill be chasing them like usual. Need to get back after it after having my 220" deer shot out under me on opener this season. Was a tough pill to swallow after watching him grow for 3 years. Have a couple bucks ill go back to check on that should be breaking the 200 mark if they made it through season and winter. But also planning on hitting some new areas and exploring new country, because i like to see new places.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Yep, ill be chasing them like usual. Need to get back after it after having my 220" deer shot out under me on opener this season. Was a tough pill to swallow after watching him grow for 3 years. Have a couple bucks ill go back to check on that should be breaking the 200 mark if they made it through season and winter. But also planning on hitting some new areas and exploring new country, because i like to see new places.
Man it stings when that happens. The biggest buck I found this past year was a buck I had years of history with as well. Last year I had a cooler big buck lol and this year I wanted my wife to have a shot at him in muzzy.. After she watched him all summer she was hoping very much to get a chance at him so I passed on even hunting him in archery...

Also I am a sucker for big wide and tall bucks - hopefully w stickers and this guy was a bit of a freak but fair to say the most massive buck well I have ever seen in person. He was killed in archery season before the opener of muzzy..

Also just wondering if you have a pic 😎?? Always fun to see 220” bucks 👍.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Man it stings when that happens. The biggest buck I found this past year was a buck I had years of history with as well. Last year I had a cooler big buck lol and this year I wanted my wife to have a shot at him in muzzy.. After she watched him all summer she was hoping very much to get a chance at him so I passed on even hunting him in archery...

Also I am a sucker for big wide and tall bucks - hopefully w stickers and this guy was a bit of a freak but fair to say the most massive buck well I have ever seen in person. He was killed in archery season before the opener of muzzy..

Also just wondering if you have a pic 😎?? Always fun to see 220” bucks 👍.
20200808_132222.jpg20200808_132230.jpg20200913_171126.jpg

Attachments