Hidden Basin Outfitters

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Don't know anything first hand...i know his outfit and the area he operates in.. what species are you thinking of going with him on? Id suggest calling past clients both successful and not. I would be looking elsewhere if it's a general elk tag, much better areas to hunt if you want to go guided.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Don't know anything first hand...i know his outfit and the area he operates in.. what species are you thinking of going with him on? Id suggest calling past clients both successful and not. I would be looking elsewhere if it's a general elk tag, much better areas to hunt if you want to go guided.

I'm looking for a wilderness mule deer buck hunt on horseback ... I don't have horses so I can't do that myself.
I'm saving my Colorado Preference Points for another year or two before I use them so I'm looking in Wyoming.
I have 5 Wyoming deer points so I should be able to draw a Region H tag.
Any thoughts on this outfitter ... or recommendations for another?
I appreciate any insights you care to share.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Justin Jarrett and Wapiti Ridge Outfitters our of Cody does a late season muley hunt with very high success rates on nice bucks. I think they go in by horseback and then sit overlooking migration corridors. Best of luck to you

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Are they the ones that have a camp in Mosquito Creek?
Yes. .a lot of hunting pressure up that area all fall from diy hunters. . I will shoot the OP a private message later with my other suggestions.. justin Jarrett sold his outfit this year. No doubt it will be operated in a good manner with the new owner who worked alongside justin. But that area can be drawn with less points, so for the 5 you have, H would be a great choice and there are good outfitters. I think Wilson takes good deer, but id look at other options too before booking and i will shoot you a message with a few more of my thoughts

Last edited:

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I've never hunted with them, but I know a few others that have "Jenkins hunting " I've talked to Larry Jenkins a few times, I think his son has taken over the business.

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
It sounds like you are talking about the Mosquito Creek area. I have hunted there DIY extensively for elk...although it's been a few years. Send me a PM if you want more information.