Hi this is Jake from Oregon

Hey EHJ forum friends! This is Jake, and I've been a long time subscriber to the EHJ magazine, but this is my first time hopping on the forum. 12 years ago I had a freak accident that left me a quadriplegic. Since then I've learned to use the limited body function I have to hunt deer, elk, red stag, and exotic game in states that I'd never experienced when I was able bodied. I hope to bring a unique perspective to you all of you hunters about how to use your mind to think creatively and problem solve.

I'm also a rep for a new sponsor of this site, Spartan Precision Equipment. We make carbon bipods and tripods that weigh less and do more. Use me as a resource, and I'll answer any questions you might have. My dream is to figure out the logistics of how to do a hunt internationally. Maybe a visit to England to hunt roe deer, a mule deer in Sonora, or the stretch goal of hunting a cape buffalo in Africa. Arranging a trip like this with all the obstacles associated with my disability is hard, but overcoming challenges is part of what makes hunting interesting.

Say hi if you would like to try an outrageous hunt one day, or you've ever hunted in Oregon. Bonus points if you know where my hometown of Dufur is 😉

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Wow...my hats off to you for your determination and grit. I have hunted in Canada and Mexico, but never off this continent. I wish you luck in you future hunts.

No....I don't know where Dufur is ...LOL!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Hey Jake, I do know where Dufur is :). I am not that far from there!

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
welcome to the site from an idaho tater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't know where dufur is but I been to orygan once or twice

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Hey EHJ forum friends! This is Jake, and I've been a long time subscriber to the EHJ magazine, but this is my first time hopping on the forum. 12 years ago I had a freak accident that left me a quadriplegic. Since then I've learned to use the limited body function I have to hunt deer, elk, red stag, and exotic game in states that I'd never experienced when I was able bodied. I hope to bring a unique perspective to you all of you hunters about how to use your mind to think creatively and problem solve.

I'm also a rep for a new sponsor of this site, Spartan Precision Equipment. We make carbon bipods and tripods that weigh less and do more. Use me as a resource, and I'll answer any questions you might have. My dream is to figure out the logistics of how to do a hunt internationally. Maybe a visit to England to hunt roe deer, a mule deer in Sonora, or the stretch goal of hunting a cape buffalo in Africa. Arranging a trip like this with all the obstacles associated with my disability is hard, but overcoming challenges is part of what makes hunting interesting.

Say hi if you would like to try an outrageous hunt one day, or you've ever hunted in Oregon. Bonus points if you know where my hometown of Dufur is 😉

View attachment 33956
I know where Dufur is. In the late 70s Oregon had the first state turkey hunt. It was a drawing and I drew a tag and hunted the White River area...not too far away...good luck with your hunts. I can tell you get it, it is all about being out there...

Reactions: Spartan Jake
Thanks for your kind words! Wow, what a small world. My dad lives just a couple miles from the White River area, and I've hunted that place extensively. That's really cool about it being the site of the 1st Turkey hunt in Oregon, I didn't know thatThat's really cool about it being the site of the 1st Turkey hunt in Oregon, I didn't know that

Travis Horner

Feb 28, 2020
Powell, WY
Thanks, I'm happy to be here Travis! If I can't get out in the field to go hunting right now, I at least want to talk about it to tide me over lol
Absolutely, I think all of us on here might understand a little about your passion. Being an ethical, fair chase hunter isn't a seasonal sport, it's a lifestyle. I get frustrated with people that treat hunting as if it's just some kind of pass time one does in the fall. They will guilt trip you about missing work for one week a year or a church service a couple weekends a year and attempt to brain wash you into feeling guilty about hunting. If hunting is who you are then you have nothing to be ashamed of. Keep on keeping on! Inspire and influence others to do more. We have a culture that is under attack. What are we doing to help defend it? I like what I'm seeing Jake. Keep up the outstanding Work!

Reactions: Spartan Jake