Hi Guys

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
I'm new to the forum. I've already posted a bit, but thought I'd bow to the culture here when I found out it was encouraged to introduce myself.

My name is Nathan, and I'm from Tennessee. I grew up on a cattle farm in a very rural area where my family has a lot of history. My great great great grandparents are buried about a mile from my parents house.

I'm a lifelong hunter. I eat sleep and breathe hunting. Living where I do I take advantage of our liberal bag limits and long seasons to focus on deer and turkey, but I also hunt small game and love to predator hunt in the off seasons.

Two years ago I went on my first western hunt, and it changed my life in many ways. I did a DIY solo backpack bowhunt for elk on an OTC public land tag in Colorado and came out with a great 6X6. I wrote a story of my adventure and was published in Eastmans Bowhunting Journal issue 76 (Mar/Apr '13). Writing is something I enjoy and would like to do more of.

I've been obsessed with backpacks for years. I started out with store brand hunting packs and bought, sold, and traded my way into full custom backpacks. I owned over 25 packs over 10 years that are supposed to be good for heavy weight backpacking and especially backpack hunting. None of them did what I wanted, so after my experience with my elk hunt I decided to build the best hunting backpack on the market.

I teamed up with a good friend and we started testing and prototyping. I made many different frames for testing, eventually stumbling across something really profound.

I'm a bit of an idealist. How much money I made will be the last thing on my mind when I'm old and feeble. Time spent with loved ones and what I built, accomplished, and experienced in pursuing my passions is what I will reflect on. So, I left a great job in the finance industry to build a backpack company. We started Paradox Packs last year.

I now build backpacks and also work as a buyer at a local outdoor store. I've got a good base of knowledge in optics, compound and traditional archery, guns, and reloading. I'm a good whitetail hunter and a successful turkey hunter even though I'm not a great caller.

Most of all, I like to help others when I can. I think I'm going to like it here on this forum. From what I've seen so far there is a great mix of experience and inexperience in many different areas across the country. Most importantly the tone is very respectful and cooperative.

I'm happy to be here.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and these pics can probably do a better job of introducing myself than I can.

2012 Co Archery Bull

2007 TN Rifle

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Great intro....welcome to the forum. Stick around, it's a great place with tons of solid info. What portion of TN are you from? I was born and raised on the KY/TN border myself. I'm a little further north now, but I still have a farm and some land down that way.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
Cobb, I'm just a bit west of Nashville. I lived up in Somerset for four years. I liked it there, but home is home. What part do you hail from, and where are you now?

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Cobb, I'm just a bit west of Nashville. I lived up in Somerset for four years. I liked it there, but home is home. What part do you hail from, and where are you now?
Somerset is ok, not my favorite part of the state for sure. I am from Corbin and now live between Richmond and Lexington on the KY River. Welcome again, and nice harvest, thanks for sharing!

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
Great animals! Its nice to see that this country still has ambitious business minded people that aren't afraid to pursue their passion. Welcome and thanks for the awesome pics!

Last edited:

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Cool bucks and bull, Welcome to EF, I've already enjoyed reading some of your posts and comments. I look forward to more pics and stories!