Hello from Kansas

jkean949

Sep 26, 2016
Kansas City
Hello everyone,

I grew up hunting pretty much all Missouri had to offer in the '80s, spent the majority of the '90s in the Marines. I loved my active duty time, but it put a major cramp in my hunting time. I lived in SoCal for the 00s and all I can say is it's a long haul to any decent hunting from SoCal. I live in Kansas now with great public land whitetail, turkey, geese, duck hunting and every other year or so I find myself tent camping chasing elk.

Cheers and happy hunting to everyone.

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Nice to have you on board. What part of Kansas has the best whitetail hunting? A nice whitetail is on my bucket list.
Largely depends what type of hunt you want to go on. If sitting in a stand is your thing, the eastern half is best, if spot and stalk is what you want, the western half is your thing. Central Kansas has a mix of both types of hunting. Lots more public ground out west, but a lot less cover. More private out east, but more deer and higher concentrations. I usually try to go out west because I have a hard time sitting still in a stand even though that is more productive for white tail. There are some true giants shot all over the state every year.