Hammer Hunters

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
After some less than sterling results with a well known copper bullet last season, i decided to give Hammer a try. I found out they are made in a wide assortment of weights and calibers, and are reasonably available. Something unexpected in an all copper hunting bullet these days. No problems in loading or shooting. Accuracy is superb in most calibers. However, without significant "on game" testing, I will be using the point of shoulder hold this year. They have a lot of information on their website and blog. Not cheap, but appear to be worth the cost. I will know after this fall.

Rob Sev

Dec 12, 2020
I was a Barnes lover, till I tried out the Hammers. Way more accurate in the two rifles I have that I tried them out on. I used them on a Scimitar Horned Oryx and Aoudad hunt this spring. I was told the Oryx is very tough to put down (their skin is about an inch thick). one shot - he took two steps backwards and fell over. The big difference is while the Barnes petals peel back and stay on the bullet, the petals on the Hammers break off and spin through the animal. Both animals had little tiny holes going in and out, but lots of internal damage. Also, the people at Hammer are very helpful if you have any questions, and when I have ordered them they’re in my mailbox in a couple days.

memtb

For the guys using these, what is your source for load data? Is there a published Hammer manual? My initial search has not turned up much. I'm not very app savvy.

Their web site is rather difficult to navigate. The owner is very helpful and will give a lot of information ! memtb

Reactions: eaglemountainman