Guess you're stuck with me!

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Well folks, looks like I'm a permanent CO resident now. Just bought a place in the mountains northwest of Cañon City, unit 58. Unfortunately, all my knowledge and scouting have been much further north, haha. Any direction would be appreciated, even "don't waste your time going..." kind of stuff. Hope to catch you in the hills.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Congrats on the new home! I did a bit of guiding in the Guffey area. It used to be pretty good for elk and deer but I don't have any recent helpful information. I know there was a lot of private land that looked like it should have been national forest. We did have some success on the smaller public pieces that were stuck between private ranches. Elk size was mediocre but there were some great deer at the time.

Side note- At that time, Guffey was a mainly lesbian community that wasn't overly friendly to hunters. It was weird... Not sure if that has changed in the last 20 years.

crzy_cntryby

Dec 9, 2014
Still haven't made it into Guffey. Lesbians and I either get along great or they want to string me up, nothing in the middle lol. From the little bit of research I've done definitely looks like patch work. I think this year will be OTC archery elk on the east side of 9? Probably gets hit pretty hard? Thanks for all your info.