Good 1-6x scopes in the $500-$600

Aldapow

Sep 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone here know of a good 1-6x scope in the $500- $600 range? At the low end of $ 265, I saw the primary arms 1-6, but I wonder about their durability. The top of the $ 1000 arena has suggestions from Leupold, Vortex, Trijicon and Bushnell, but they are all outside of my price range. Im just wondering if there is anything out there like this article that I am missing in the 1-6x scope market.

Last edited:

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Check out a post 2009 Redfield Revolution. After Leupold an Steven's bought them I put a few on the kids rifles. It's held zero since 2010 on a couple of factory 30-06 we have.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Natchezss.com has some of the non-illuminated VX-6 1-6s for $650. This is not the current HD version but it is still tempting.

OldGuy123

Oct 22, 2018
Aside from Amazon and eBay, I visit other places for my hunting gear. just purchased a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 and am looking to add a scope since the rifle comes without iron sights. I've been told that Nikon has a lot of good rifle scopes to allow 600-1000 yard shots but am willing to listen to details on second vs first focal plane, Bullet drop Compensation details, etc. Price is a factor. Older eyes often have a difficult, if not impossible time trying to switch their focus from a rear sight to a front sight to a target as required without a scope, and it's frustrating, to say the least.

OldGuy123

Oct 22, 2018
Aside from Amazon and eBay, I visit other places for my hunting gear. just purchased a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 and am looking to add a scope since the rifle comes without iron sights. I've been told that Nikon has a lot of good rifle scopes to allow 600-1000 yard shots but am willing to listen to details on second vs first focal plane, Bullet drop Compensation details, etc. Price is a factor. Older eyes often have a difficult, if not impossible time trying to switch their focus from a rear sight to a front sight to a target as required without a scope, and it's frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited:

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I run a Burris Fullfield E1 on my model 70 featherweight; got it back in 2014. 3-9x though. Lower price pt; but the dead deer and the antelope didn't seem to care. I love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Natchezss.com has some of the non-illuminated VX-6 1-6s for $650. This is not the current HD version but it is still tempting.
I bought a used Ruger Scout rifle that came with one of those scopes. It has become a truck gun for me when short and handy is more important than long range precision. I've had good luck with it and like it very much for that rifle. It fits good behind the tractor seat too when I'm haying and coyotes like to mouse in the windrows. It's a true 1x and easy to shoot with both eyes open. The 6x is enough for zeroing at 100 yards and 250 yard coyotes. The glass is very good and it's held zero. The center of the reticle is a little thick for my tastes, but few of the scopes like this have a thinner reticle.

I've had issues with this series of VX-6 dialing elevation up and down on the 3-18x scopes I had. I sent 2 in to Leupold and sold the third before it had an issues. The two I sent in got sold after they returned with new erector systems. The 1-6x has a CDS system but I have not and don't intend to use it. I'll just treat it like a regular scope and I bet it holds up much better.

If I was looking to dial I'd get the Huskemaw 1-6x. It's more expensive, but it has the thinner reticle, capped turrets, and a lighted reticle. Features I'd personally want in a scope like this.