Gloves - 2019 State of the Union

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I'm pretty old school about a lot of things. I really like the gloves I was issues when I was in basic training in the Army in the middle of winter in 1963. They are 2 piece. There are some really warm wool gloves with leather shells that slide over the wool ones when It is really cold or wet. I still have the 2 pair I was issued and still wear them, especially in a goose blind. It is easy to slip the leather shells off and shoot with the wool ones.

Reactions: Winchester

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
as a winter fanatic(summer sucks), there is not one style glove for all. sometimes multiple styles of gloves are needed. Wool mittens are awesome and warm, but trying doing chores in them sucks, but when it is super cold(0 and below) wool mittens with an overmitt are all that work. when really cold try the boiled wool mittens with an over mitt. and for really, really cold: liner, with boiled wool mittens and an overmitt are the ticket.

someone mentioned klim gloves, they do work well and have a wider variety of styles. I have used there super light gloves with the windblocker for many activities over the years.