Getting Close

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Nope, this thread isn't about getting close for the shot, but rather the time is short before heading out. I had planned to be headed to WY by now, but my bud who lives out there has ridden into the hunt area, and the elk have not moved into my small mt. range yet due to the hot & dry weather. The elk are still higher up on the next zone that I cannot reasonably access without horses. So, with cooler, wet weather in the forecast, we will ride in on the 24th, and that will only give us 6 days left of the archery season.
I will leave MN of the 20th, and take the scenic route thru the bighorns, and drive through my old pronghorn area to see if there are any left in that country. There are five or so lakes by the Wind River range where I hope to explore with my solo canoe, and if the weather allows may hike into some alpine lakes for some fishing. After that I will have two weeks of rifle to finish things off.
Excuse me for rambling.....I've been packed and ready for a week...I'm driving my wife crazy.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Good luck to all you guys. Looking forward to hearing the stories when you get back home.

Reactions: RICMIC

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Good Luck, post how you do. I have 15 points and watching howPeople do this year and for recomandations. Have fun.........................BOB!