Game cart recommendation

MtnBuck

Apr 4, 2016
Aurora, Colorado
Thanks. I have to say that's the first time I've seen a wheelbarrow with 3 wheels. Wheelzbarrow?

That honeybadger looks awesome. Can't justify $600 for something I'll use once a year though. Maybe I can pickup an used front fork/wheel from a bicycle shop. Fire up the welder and build a frame.

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
I have a cabelas game cart and it has made life pretty easy except for long trips down old logging trails. All the rocks act like a wheel chock when you hit them. Stops the cart instantly and my wheels have spokes and they vibrate loose. Other than that it is great!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Thanks. I have to say that's the first time I've seen a wheelbarrow with 3 wheels. Wheelzbarrow?

That honeybadger looks awesome. Can't justify $600 for something I'll use once a year though. Maybe I can pickup an used front fork/wheel from a bicycle shop. Fire up the welder and build a frame.

yeah I thought price was a bit high also, but it is nice. looks like it'd be fairly easy to build, useing parts from an old mtn bike. like the idea of the big wheel also.

MtnBuck

Apr 4, 2016
Aurora, Colorado
That's what I'm thinking now too. Pick up an old mtn bike off craigslist with a steel front fork since I'm not set up to weld aluminum. Build out a frame for a pannier. Quick disconnects on the wheel and handle bars. Too bad I won't be able to use it in the wilderness areas here. Not that I would change the law.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
My brother in law tried making a couple of carriers using a bike tire and found out that if you are hauling elk out on it that they don't hold up too well. He went to a motorcycle tire and found that it works much better.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
My brother in law tried making a couple of carriers using a bike tire and found out that if you are hauling elk out on it that they don't hold up too well. He went to a motorcycle tire and found that it works much better.
motorcycle tire makes sense for durability. only problem is ,if you make it to heavy it sort of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.might be easier to just pack elk on back

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Actually if you have ever used a cart you will see that once it is rolling everything is downhill so to speak. My brother in law brought out 2 whole spike elk on his one time. Once he got it moving down the trail he was off and running.

I haven't seen a cart that I would be willing to even try to pack but they all roll nicely.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I love my cheap cart, I think they go for $99 on sale etc...

I don't use it all the time but when I have it was well worth it!