game cam pics, which one do you keep?

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I was just curious as to what game cam pics people keep. I just looked at one of my cards from the month of april and lots of cow elk, doe whitetail, couple coyotes and 2 bulls. one with last years horns and one growing this years set.

I will probably create a file and throw the 2 bulls in it, but the other 5000 pics will get deleted.

so which pics do you keep and do you go back and look at them next year or 2 years from now. Or do you just look at them for the year and delete the file?

thanks
tim

okie archer

Feb 5, 2015
Coweta, Oklahoma
Obviously I don't want thousands of unimportant pics so I usually keep the ones I like and delete the rest which can be time consuming. I do go back to older pics and compare to current ones. It may also depends one what part of the country you live in and the types of animals you have in your area. I live in Oklahoma so I usually have the some of the same deer live in the same area for years.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I did do something kind of cool this winter. on 11/27/2017 I peddled in and set up a game cam, I wasn't able to get to it until march 31st of 2018. lots of cool shots of all kinds of game. wolf, to bobcat, deer, elk, turkey and even a cougar. Fair amount of wolf shots.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have been known to just swap SD cards and then place the one with pictures on it into a digital picture frame and let it run.

You get some interesting comments from visitors to your home or office at times.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I did do something kind of cool this winter. on 11/27/2017 I peddled in and set up a game cam, I wasn't able to get to it until march 31st of 2018. lots of cool shots of all kinds of game. wolf, to bobcat, deer, elk, turkey and even a cougar. Fair amount of wolf shots.
Pics, or it didn't happen.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I normally just delete them all after the hunting season. I'll send an email out to a distribution list we have at work for guys that hunt/fish for anything that is interesting.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I keep a few shots of all the bucks on my land. I also keep any cool or unique photos and delete the rest. I try to see how deer are doing as far as antler growth or body size from year to year.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
The ones I want or think important I put in files. I have a different file for each place I put them. Then inside the files I group them by year. Don't know If it's any more useful this way, but I can identify animals from one year to another and watch their growth.