Franchi Shotguns

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I held a Franchi Affinity in 12 gauge the other day and really liked the feel. Anyone have any experience with them? Reviews look ok but I trust opinions here. Appreciate any feedback.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
They are a inertia recoil shotgun very similar to Benelli. Reviews are good, but of course gunwriters never saw a gun they didn't like!! I am familiar with the older Franchi which were really underrated.

What are you thinking you will use it for. This can effect a lot of hoe the gun will work for you. For field work I like a 20 ga that is light and fast swinging. Waterfowl not so much. I had a Benelli that I used for waterfowl that was a very good gun. A tad heavy, but that helped with the recoil and a smooth swing.

I wouldn't hesitate, especially if the price is right.

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
I have a Franchi Affinity in 20ga. Love it. No issues feeding or ejecting. Lightweight and feels great in hands. Overall, very smooth operating firearm....

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
My son shoots the 20G model for birds and turkey......I love it and when I go by myself I grab his vice my Remington 12G.....its swings great and I love the lighter weight for our long walks on the mostly bird free barren plains of Eastern Co and our insane walks for the mountain turkeys of Colorado ( translate exercise for elk season in the spring) :)

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I would get the 12 gauge and plan to use it for an all round shotgun but keep my 870 as an option. Thanks for the feedback- I have heard enough positive I am going to pick one up soon.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Hilltop, not sure the cost difference but I'd hold a Beretta A-400, I did the feel it and you'll buy try! It's a great all around gun!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Hilltop, not sure the cost difference but I'd hold a Beretta A-400, I did the feel it and you'll buy try! It's a great all around gun!
This is a great point. I like to take a shotgun, shut my eyes and shoulder the gun and swing it like you are following a bird. Do this with several brands and you will easily find one or 2 that really feel much better than the others.

Hard to beat an 870! I used to have a 28 ga that I loved to shoot doves and quail with. My son talked me out of it....he would have got it someday anyway. I get to use it anytime I want, so it's still "mine".

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
This is a great point. I like to take a shotgun, shut my eyes and shoulder the gun and swing it like you are following a bird. Do this with several brands and you will easily find one or 2 that really feel much better than the others.

Hard to beat an 870! I used to have a 28 ga that I loved to shoot doves and quail with. My son talked me out of it....he would have got it someday anyway. I get to use it anytime I want, so it's still "mine".
I have shot an 870 for 25 years... still love it but that Franchi felt amazing to me. Going to pick one up this weekend I think.

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Believe it, or not I won a 20 gauge A-400 in a raffle earlier this year. It is a terrific handling gun, but with the bronze colored receiver and figured wood it is almost too pretty to shoot. I do not need any more safe queens, so it is going afield!