Foxes

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
A few photo's from a while back...

A Red Fox looking cute! He wanted my sandwich.

The same Fox looking less cute! He didn't get it.

An Arctic Fox in it's ugly spring phase with an unlucky lemming!

A Pine Marten.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Great pics as always AK. Have any new moose pics to share? Those of us with applications in the hat and those daydreaming could use some lol.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Hilltop, This guy is a warrior, several broken points.

This is a "peruke head" bull that has since died. I have one in my area these days but he stays hidden whenever I have my camera.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
With the title of the thread I thought I was going to see some hot chicks and all I got was critters!
I know, what a bummer! I just don't find many bikini girls running around this time of year up here! I'll keep looking though!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Is that peruke head caused by no testicles? It never sheds? It almost looks painful if it's still alive and growing.
It's likely to be a testicular issue. I don't know if he didn't have any though. I saw that bull several times but this isn't my photo. I understand that freezing the antler bases can be a health issue because the antlers never shed. It's relatively uncommon in moose, I've only seen 3 myself.

It seems more frequent in deer that I've seen. Very few of our moose ever have to deal with jumping barbed wire fences, whereas deer do quite a bit. I'm guessing that's one reason why.