For sale- Vortex Razor Hd 50mm spotting scope

Antler addict

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks for hijacking the thread umpqua, I don't really appreciate your "help", retail is $699. If you want to let everyone know about a great deal, hijacking someone's classified ad and basically telling them that this not a good deal is kind of a punk move. Start your own thread about your great source.

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Thanks for hijacking the thread umpqua, I don't really appreciate your "help", retail is $699. If you want to let everyone know about a great deal, hijacking someone's classified ad and basically telling them that this not a good deal is kind of a punk move. Start your own thread about your great source.
Oh come on man. You go on multiple forums trying to sell used optics at prices you can buy them for brand new and then get angry when nobody will buy them? With a little patience, many websites will run optics at 10% off and you can get a good deal. Umpqua was just trying to give you a more realistic price for this spotter at which it would sell.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Oh come on man. You go on multiple forums trying to sell used optics at prices you can buy them for brand new and then get angry when nobody will buy them? With a little patience, many websites will run optics at 10% off and you can get a good deal. Umpqua was just trying to give you a more realistic price for this spotter at which it would sell.
NDHunter is right on. I'm certainly not trying to hijack your thread. Since your optic was not moving and I was trying to help you set a more realistic price. Vortex Optics dealers can only advertise at a certain price, that is kind of a norm with a lot of different products. I have bought Vortex optics around half a dozen times in the past few years, and every time I have called various dealers on the phone, and asked the best price they would give me, and they have offered it at a much better price. All it usually takes is a few phone calls when looking for better prices on stuff. The exception to that is usually the manufacturer, since they cannot undercut their dealers.

Antler addict

Mar 21, 2011
NDHunter is right on. I'm certainly not trying to hijack your thread. Since your optic was not moving and I was trying to help you set a more realistic price. Vortex Optics dealers can only advertise at a certain price, that is kind of a norm with a lot of different products. I have bought Vortex optics around half a dozen times in the past few years, and every time I have called various dealers on the phone, and asked the best price they would give me, and they have offered it at a much better price. All it usually takes is a few phone calls when looking for better prices on stuff. The exception to that is usually the manufacturer, since they cannot undercut their dealers.
Ok then then thanks for the advice, next time it would probably more appropriate for you to send someone a PM on how they should sell their item on the classifieds especially when the item they are selling is well below MAP pricing and also lower than your source pricing that less than 5% of people would even know about. My pricing is right in line of what other people list this used item for. If I felt I needed to give advise where advise was not asked for on how much something should be priced, then a pm would be the most appropriate way of going about it, but I guess that's just me. Not in a hurry to sell so if someone wants to save a few bucks on a awesome spotter In mint condition with the exact warranty as new I will let this go for
$575tyd thanks.

djanc

Jul 12, 2014
Thats a great price!!!! Wish I had the funds right now, I would buy it in a heart beat. I've done a ton of research on Vortex optics and they hold their value so well because of their outstanding warranty, its transferable no questions asked. Dont worry about these others low balling, you will sell it.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Thats a great price!!!! Wish I had the funds right now, I would buy it in a heart beat. I've done a ton of research on Vortex optics and they hold their value so well because of their outstanding warranty, its transferable no questions asked. Dont worry about these others low balling, you will sell it.
Hi djanc, glad to have you! Since this is your first post, head on over to the new members section, we'd like to get to know you. :)

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Welcome Djanc. Great first post. We would like to get to know you better so please head on over to the new member section and introduce your. Hope you stick around and enjoy the forum!