Fishing 2016

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Idaho Falls chucker's doesn't count as real baseball???? what???? can I transfer Idaho potatoes vodka across state lines? the homemade kind? sweet, ill start saving some pennies

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
It has been a pretty decent year for us this year. The Billfish have been a little hit and miss for us the past few weeks. Finally had a decent day Friday and you couldn't have asked for better weather out of OI. We started a little slow Friday morning.but heard there was a small bite going on north of us. We picked up and ran about 5 miles north. Not a bunch of boats hooking up but we managed to put together a dent afternoon with 1 white and 3 Sails for Friday. All in about 30 fathoms. Saturday was much slower for everyone but did manage 1 sail. The fish were really scattered up and down the line with no real concentrated area to pinpoint like Friday. We did mark lots of bait both days. Now just waiting for the Whites to make a better showing.
Josh had the hot hand on the boat this weekend dropping back and hooking all the fish caught this weekend. Seth on the leader and me up top. It was a good weekend on the boat as We finally reached the boat total of 50+ Billfish. Now at 54 Billfish with 7 so far this year. Thanks to Seth and Josh for coming along again this past weekend.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Had a chance to get one more trip in before 2017. Took advantage of the 85 degree temps and flat seas to get some hog snapper in the boat. My son can cross hogfish off his bucket list! We also caught about 50 other fish, key west grunts, porgies and triggerfish. IMG_2407.jpgIMG_2412.jpgIMG_2409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
really man??? its 5 outside right now and headed lower and your posting pics in t-shirts and open water? haha looks like fun!!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Way to get it in! Congrats on getting out and enjoying this great weather were having in the southeast. It was 73 here Christmas day. Been nice all week so far.
My kids actually went swimming today. Now granted it wasn't the smartest thing they've ever done, but hey they're always acting crazy. They said it was freezing.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Even tho there is a little snow on the ground and its getting down in the teens at night, I'm thinking about fishing....not ice fishing either! My son and wife got me Cabelas gift cards for Christmas and they are having a sale....so I got me a new fish finder for my pontoon boat. The cards along with my points and saving $100 because of the sale, it didn't cost me anything. Got a new Humminbird with gps and side scanning. Should be a great improvement as I've got some new tactics I'm going to try for Walleyes this year.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Lol Pete. Actually we had 15. That's the way we roll down south! We were pushing 4 and long lining 11. And yes that's legal. Some states or lakes only allow so many per person. Trust me though when you hook up with a 9# striper trolling with 15 poles it creates a hornets nest. That's why my dad considers them trash fish. He loves him some crappie.