Fishing 2016

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
It's much easier in fall and winter. Just let the heat go out of the smoking chamber and let the coals die down to just enough to make smoke, we use dry pecan wood for smoking. I did put 2 frozen water jugs just under the cheese, but the smoker stayed under 50 degrees while smoking. It is a cheap, older brinkman wood / charcoal fired smoker. We do lots of cheese as the weather cools off. Buy good cheese, it makes a big difference in the taste and texture. Cheap cheese turns out rubbery.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Made a day trip for some scallops and ended up with our 10 gallon limit! Good eatin! After all the work cleaning.....IMG_2047.jpgIMG_2046.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Good job Dan! That sure is some good eating. My brother used to go to steenhatchee(sp.) to do that. Said it's a lot of fun. The kids love it. They always paid to have em cleaned though. Said it was worth it to have someone that knows what they're doing cause they can just whip through it. How long did that take you? Show us how much 10 gallons of scallops is after cleaned. Congrats again.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Good job Dan! That sure is some good eating. My brother used to go to steenhatchee(sp.) to do that. Said it's a lot of fun. The kids love it. They always paid to have em cleaned though. Said it was worth it to have someone that knows what they're doing cause they can just whip through it. How long did that take you? Show us how much 10 gallons of scallops is after cleaned. Congrats again.
Thanks. We go to steinhatchee too. Our hunting camp is 30 minutes north of there in perry. We got these in homossassa. We got half done in about 45 minutes, the rest are on ice for my father in law to finish today. Will try to get pic of all cleaned together but will be just about 2 pints. The limit is 10 gal or two pints cleaned.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Them some tasty little boogers. You are going to eat like a King! Thanks for showing me how much you get. That's a pretty healthy amount.
I may be headed down to Panama City next week to do some lobstering Wednesday and Thursday. Are you going? Kind of excited about cooking up a whole bunch of lobster. Hopefully we will be successful.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Them some tasty little boogers. You are going to eat like a King! Thanks for showing me how much you get. That's a pretty healthy amount.
I may be headed down to Panama City next week to do some lobstering Wednesday and Thursday. Are you going? Kind of excited about cooking up a whole bunch of lobster. Hopefully we will be successful.
Will probably do some lobstering in the keys next month......

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Creeks and mountain streams in Georgia are getting hot. It is having a major affect on the trout. Two weekends ago I saw probably 15-20 trout floating dead. I still managed to catch a few but have pretty much stopped fishing these stressed areas. Seems the stockers are struggling worse than the natives. I did fish a little mountain stream on Thursday where there were nothing but natives and caught quite a few dinks. They're not much but still fun watching them come easily to a dry fly.IMAG1230.jpgIMAG1227.jpgIMAG1226.jpgIMAG1235.jpg Ran into this bad boy hanging over the trail. Thank goodness we didn't stir these boys up.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Here's a few fish we caught last week during our family camping trip near Ely NV. The creek next to the campground is full of little fish I thought were Brook Trout. Turns out they are Redband Trout which are native to NV in certain drainages. A creek a few miles away was full of Brown Trout which were very eager to take a grasshopper.
I can't think of a better way to spend time with my son and the family.0712161205-00 (1).jpgDSCN0456.jpgDSCN0457.jpgDSCN0460 (1).jpg