Fishing 2016

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I do live bait and dead bait depending on tides and location. Breakaway lead jigs used to be what they used in boca grande but are now illegal. I have used lures in the past for smaller fish.

Of course there are several guys that fly fish for them, might even catch em on a bee pattern!

Last edited:

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Well it's not tarpon or trout, but sometimes it's just nice to remember that there's more to summer than just baseball!!IMG_20160522_201705131.jpgIMG_20160522_201705131.jpg

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
No sneaky you stay up there on the left coast. Take your bee pattern and go for white sturgeon, they're just as acrobatic and taste better. Leave the tarpon for us southerner's. :p

Nice fish Dan! My buddy is heading down Thursday I'm sure he'll be out there everyday trying to catch one. I can't go this time. Got too many kids and not enough employees.:(

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Matt, KUIU having a great sale now. I've caught my share of sturgeon and never had one come out of the water, of course only to come into the boat!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Matt, KUIU having a great sale now. I've caught my share of sturgeon and never had one come out of the water, of course only to come into the boat! Heading Friday am with my son to Eagle Lake for some great trout fishing!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Matt, KUIU having a great sale now. I've caught my share of sturgeon and never had one come out of the water, of course only to come into the boat! Heading Friday am with my son to Eagle Lake for some great trout fishing!
I saw that. I may need to pick something up. Still pondering what I may need worse if anything.

Glad you and your son are heading over for some trout fishing. Sounds like fun. Remember your fly rod would ya?

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
HELL YEAH THOSE ARE TOADS! you catch them above a beaver damn? its been a long time since ive caught bookies of that size, but the ones I have were above beaver damns:)

sheephunter

Jan 29, 2012
Colorado
P5130026.jpgP5130026.jpg

Cat Island, Bahamas bonefishing a couple weeks ago. I love poking around the remote Bahamian Islands; usually nobody around and it's the closest thing to sneaking up on a buck or bull I've found, but with a fly rod instead of another kind of weapon. I am reasonably sure I had the only RMEF hat on the island.