Finally, 2021 Wyoming Unit 26 Moose Hunt Tag!

cutback

Feb 18, 2013
Oregon
Thanks for all the props guys!
BakPakr, no surprise on the intel from wy-tex. Truly a good guy and a wealth of knowledge.

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Thank you KHSRanger23. I'll be coming your direction in about 10 days, as I also drew a Utah Pine Valley unit deer tag. Never hunted Utah before so I'm excited for the opportunity.
Pine Valley is pretty far south from were I live and spend most of my hunting time. The weather has cooled off a lot in Utah over the past week with lots of snow and rain. Hopefully the change in temperature will help you on your hunt.

Reactions: cutback

cutback

Feb 18, 2013
Oregon
Thanks wy-tex! It was one of the best and most rewarding hunting experiences, I've ever been on...

Like I mentioned, truly grateful for your insite. This is one of 2 Bulls, we scouted up in the Big Spring area. I had named him Spikey. The other Bull was named Paddles, as he was possibly older with about 4" longer paddles but, literally, sawtooth nubs all the way across his horns. No points or spikes. For me, he just didn't have much character...

When I shot my Bull (Spikey) He was with another 2 Bulls and a cow. A 32" bull and a real wide racked bull about 42" but, he didn't have shovels or paddles. He looked just like a 3x3 Mule deer, wide & flat with no eye guards. I passed on him for Spikey.

Believe it or not, I could also see Paddles, with another bull and 2 cows at the same time, about a 1/2 mile away but, I already knew the animal I was interested in...

cutback

Feb 18, 2013
Oregon
Utah was a bust. Covered many miles, relocating many times. Just didn't see the caliber of animals I was hoping for...
I met locals, who had scouted for weeks and hunted from dark to dawn and they were fairing no better. Shared any intel I had aquired with them but, they had virtually the same experience. It looks like game and fish have cut back tags for this year, dramatically.
Hope others in this unit faired better.

cutback

Feb 18, 2013
Oregon
^^^ Thank you both. It was an incredible hunt.
Iperrett, you are right there... Hopefully, you draw your tag.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Update...

Wow! What an incredible Hunt!!
I'm just getting back from the "High Country" so, I thought I'd post a couple of quick pics...
Thank you, to all that gave me so much help and encouragement.

Also, To wy-tex, you personally deserve a huge amount of credit. Your help and insite, was an invaluable tool that was appreciated more than you could imagine. I'm truly grateful...
This Bull was one of 3 shooter Bulls that I scouted up in Aug/Sept and specifically, the one I was hoping to find again. Truly a hunt of a lifetime...Thank you.

Hunting trip story to follow...
Not sure why I didn't see this, but hey congrats!

Reactions: cutback