Fed checks arrived on time

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Honestly I wouldnt say I am hoping for a "great tag" at this point, just any tag other than an OTC tag at this point will do. haha

Reactions: Winchester

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Honestly I wouldnt say I am hoping for a "great tag" at this point, just any tag other than an OTC tag at this point will do. haha
at this point , I am just hoping any hunting season will even be open come this fall. ;)
another couple weeks before idahos hunt application period begins

Reactions: Winchester

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Me either, but that's ok.
I (we) can get by without it and that's a good thing.
I’m right there with you on this.
I also am not eligible and we also can get by without it. I would have put it in our family savings account to spend locally at another time.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Getting into this late.

1 month until I can apply for local quota hunts cause traveling is out of the picture for this year. Live to fish another day.

My sister has it - got it from her hubby who got it at work but after he put himself on lock-down. He had few minor symptoms, she's got plenty. Hoping she lives.

My opinion is that if the government says you can't work, they should pay you what you would have made working. Simple as that. It is not like those folks went and started whining that they weren't getting their welfare check. They were working and putting a solid effort into it. Uncle Sam says no more, stay home. Uncle Sam should pay.

What's gonna happen when they open the economy? Restaurants, movie theaters, spas, etc. are gonna be without a steady stream of patrons and will shutter after a while. Then society will change in response to the social changes that are starting now. So - say I'm traveling to CO to go hunt this year, am I gonna go into Joe's Restaurant for food - and are they gonna let me, a stranger-danger in there? Just a small example.

We've got some serious ripples coming and yet the stock market keeps going up. Looks like the significant dip everyone talks about buying is gone and it only lasted a day - March 23 I think it was, the downturn a week or so. There has to be more downside. Snooze ya lose - hesitate you wait - aw crap, missed it again LOL!

Hoping to be able to hunt local around here - not so much about the virus but about drawing a quota hunt. We do points down here too and I'm right on the cusp of having enough to draw...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Geeze...and I'm the guy who started this thread. But, on the hunting issue, I've decided to get a WY tag with a partner that we have the points to draw this year. The MRS for WY deer stated that it may be best to sit out another year or two because of the lack of mature bucks (due to the killer winter in 16/17). But, I don't have the points to draw a different tag, have planned hunts in future years, and most importantly, my ability to do an extended high mountain hunt is slowly getting impacted by the realities of getting older. Game on.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
sorry to hear about your sister rich. I will add her to my prayers.

we will get through this . it may be a struggle but it will pass.

good luck on your draws.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
that's as it should be. civil discussion is the cornerstone to growth.

I know I didn't come by my ideals by agreeing with everyone I met.

disagreement , can change ones mind OR strengthen their convictions. both can be a wonderful thing.

Reactions: Bonecollector

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
finally got my covid check from de gubbermint yesterday. bank says it will take 3to 5 days to clear.lol. can't say I blame em, I wouldn't trust our governments credit either! ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Got ours too. Most of it goes into our Alaska fund for our fishing trip this August.
Now that our Alaska trip this summer has been cancelled, my wife and I decided to take a big chunk of the money we received and donate it to someplace that has been really effected by Copid-19. One of our local churches has started a Copid-19 Fund to help the Navaho Reservation. Wrote them a check this morning.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I don't understand why the federal government can't just give everyone a check for a million $. Then none of us would ever have to work again. I hope that you can recognize the sarcasm in this comment.

• Haha
Reactions: kidoggy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I like some of the Dimwhits ideas of giving us a thousand or two every week as long as this thing is going on.

They sound like my ex when she would tell me that she had to still have money in her checking account since she still had checks left.

• Haha
Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Now that our Alaska trip this summer has been cancelled, my wife and I decided to take a big chunk of the money we received and donate it to someplace that has been really effected by Copid-19. One of our local churches has started a Copid-19 Fund to help the Navaho Reservation. Wrote them a check this morning.
I'M in a reeeeeel bad way CC! ;) 🤣