Every Day Carry

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
Who carries concealed? Weapon and holster choice?

I currently carry one of four handguns- a Sig RCS commander length 1911 in 45, a FNS 40 (that I love), a Smith Shield 40, or a Sig P238 380 in nitron that matches my RCS.

I carry everything in Old Faithful IWB holsters at 4'oclock. With a good gun belt these are extremely comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I usually carry an old US revolver in 38 S&W but Im about to start mostly carrying an Iver johnson 32 S&W long I put together. I carry those on a belt holster. Sometimes I just put my Iver Johnson 32 S&W in my inside coat pocket too.

RANGER619

Sep 27, 2011
MN
I carry a Kimber Solo. I carry it in a pocket holster when at work. When I carry for everyday, I have it in a Kimber leather holster on my belt.

ckink65284

Aug 28, 2012
Colorado
I usually carry in BH Serpa: Open or concealed.

I do like Crossbreed holsters though, and I think one is in my future.
Ditto.

Carrying a Smith M&P 45 Compact in a Blackhawk Serpa now. I use it for CC and also slip the paddle attachment on the waistbelt of my JP9 when hunting.

I have carried 1911's and a Springfield XD40 Service in a Crossbreed and love those holsters.

Soon I will be getting a Smith M&P 9c or 9 Shield and it will be riding in a Crossbreed Supertuck for sure.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
I really like the Kimber Solos. Great feel for such a small pistol.

For the crossbreed lovers, try an Old Faithful. I've had both and think the OF is a bit better built, and cheaper.

ckink65284

Aug 28, 2012
Colorado
I really like the way the Kimber Solo feels in the hand. I have never shot one, though.

I will check out the Old Faithful. Have not seen them yet.

I am somewhat partial to Crossbreed because of the service I received from Mark Craighead when he was still around. I like what he stood for, and would pay a little more to help support his family.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
I carry a ruger lcp .380 in an uncle mikes ankle holster. Or if I want to feel frisky I throw on the ruger super Blackhawks 44 mag.:cool:

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
I carry a glock 19 gen4. (Took a pistol class with it today actually) ;)

Holster I have a jm custom kydex which happens to be a local and really good dude( taking a 2 day class with this weekend) ;)

I also have another custom hybrid holster which is basically a cross breed holster.

Remember a good belt is just as important as holster. It needs to be stiff to help disperse the weight.

I would recommend only carrying one of your guns and being proficient with it so you can manipulate it like a boss if you ever have to use it to save your life. Just a thought...

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I'm a strange one. I have had a carry permit for months and have not carried yet. I cant bring a gun to watch the daughter play basketball at school and I cant bring one to work. I often wonder why I got the permit..

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
SCCY GEN 2...9mm. Kydex belt holster. I know its a cheap gun but it always goes bang and it is really the most comfortable gun I have ever shot. I hate guns with any kind of safety for conceal. In my CTC class, most students struggled with their safety in mock stress situations. If I have to shoot a bad guy to protect my family, I just want to pull the trigger. The double action is my preference. Any recommendations on "better" models are welcome with this same setup. Also I have a side wuestion on this thread- How often do you guys replace your self defense ammo that you regularly carry?? I switch out clips every 4 to 5 weeks so I don't weaken the spring on my clip.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I'm a strange one. I have had a carry permit for months and have not carried yet. I cant bring a gun to watch the daughter play basketball at school and I cant bring one to work. I often wonder why I got the permit..
Gun free zones irritate the hell out of me. "for your safety no guns allowed". I fail to see how I am safer when I just locked my gun up in my car and no one in these zones can explain it to me either. The only way it can be safe is to post armed guards at every entrance and search everyone entering it. Otherwise it is the best place for some wack job to attack since no one there can defend themselves and all the more reason to carry a well concealed gun in them. I have always said I would rather be in jail then dead!

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Gun free zones irritate the hell out of me. "for your safety no guns allowed". I fail to see how I am safer when I just locked my gun up in my car and no one in these zones can explain it to me either. The only way it can be safe is to post armed guards at every entrance and search everyone entering it. Otherwise it is the best place for some wack job to attack since no one there can defend themselves and all the more reason to carry a well concealed gun in them. I have always said I would rather be in jail then dead!
I agree 100% Musket, "Gun-Free" zones are made for criminals who do not obey laws, not for law abiding gun owners.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just renewed my permit for the 3rd time for another 5 years. I carry a KelTec PF9 9mm. As the years passed I have gone to lighter weight carries. This one seems to do just fine.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
Does anyone have/carry the Springfield XDS .45m ACP? I am interested in buying it and curious what people's experience is.
They're popular, even after the recall. I really like the extended mags that are offered because it gives you a full grip, while the standard mags give the gun a smaller profile for carry. They come with a kydex holster and double mag carrier as well as two standard length mags. Nice setup.