Episode 159 Reintroduction of Woves in Colorado with Aaron Snyder and Guy Eastman

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
have been. will continue to. problem is, most I know already agree. those who don't, I do not associate with, or save their contact info.

Last edited:

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
have been. will continue to. problem is, most I know already agree. those who don't, I do not associate with, or save their contact info.
But if the people you share with do the same, it may just hit a few who can be won over.

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
Colorado just needs a few wolf sanctuarys that are a couple hundred acres that is all visible from one spot. Have a spectator area and let them eat road kill animals each hour. Charge photographers to shoot. Dispensary and coffee shop with a vegan cafe in the visitors center.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
But if the people you share with do the same, it may just hit a few who can be won over.
yeah . that's why I share them. even knowing most can not be won over. I even have family members who hunt ,yet still vote the dark side.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Lots of good stuff there. Hopefully the folks of Colorado will see the disaster that would create.
my prediction is ,most of the hunters will. the rest will not. the masses simply can not be reasoned with.

people are generally all for ruining what they don't care about.

I say this because I saw them introduced in Idaho. people didn't even need to buy into the lies . they simply didn't care either way. and because they felt it didn't affect them personally ,who cares about those it will hurt.

you can't believe some of the things I hear people say. wolves won't hurt nothing.the ranchers just want all the land to themselves and such silly things.

I love the notion that people can be reasoned with but I have never seen any evidence of it being true.

Last edited:

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Listened to it and still stewing. Gonna listen again tonight, take notes so I can talk effectively about it.

IKIC / Guy,

Could we get some info on groups/organizations etc etc that are fighting this and getting the word out......I'm gonna have to get involved/volunteer....gotta do something to help out on this any way I can.

Thanks

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Listened to it and still stewing. Gonna listen again tonight, take notes so I can talk effectively about it.

IKIC / Guy,

Could we get some info on groups/organizations etc etc that are fighting this and getting the word out......I'm gonna have to get involved/volunteer....gotta do something to help out on this any way I can.

Thanks
I will get Guy to comment on this as well. I have seen that RMEF is opposed to the introduction and putting press out in that direction.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The unfortunate thing is if this gets on the ballot, it will probably pass. We have too many nonhunters living in the eastern slope. They are for the most part very liberal (thats why Colorado generally votes Democrat) and control the vote in the state. I believe it needs around 200,000 signitures to get on the general election ballot. Look for November to be it. The signitures are being collected now.

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for listening to the podcast fellas. Here is the Bobcat Petition. These are basically the same groups that are fighting the wolf initiative. If you belong to a hunting/conservation group and do not see them on this list hit them up. SCI has done a ton of heavy lifting on this situation. This is all very, very important to our hunting heritage. Attend the local meetings as well. I have been told over and over again by G&F folks that public support at the meetings can be a real decision maker for the Commissioners, particularly with a diluted commission like CO has right now. Resident sportsman have the largest most credible voice in those meetings. Thanks again. -G

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
For you reading pleasure...here is the actual ballot initiative document of Wolf Introduction in CO.

79Original-1.jpg79Original-2.jpg

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
Colorado will need a USFWS approved wolf plan before they can do anything; that includes both sides of the issue. I'd suggest they learn from their neighbors and get started on one.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
on a brighter note. all is not as bleak as folks make it out either .

the wolves were forced on us in Idaho , in the early 90s and since then, they have decimated our elk herds.

the behavior of the herds that still exist have altered greatly to the herds behavior in pre-wolf era.

that said , hunters with ability to adapt can still have great success here.

it will likely be 15 to 20 years before the wolves have a major impact in Colo. and most on this site will likely be dead before the herds are annihilated completely. :rolleyes:

always being one to look at the bright side.... there is every chance the antis will get your guns and take away your hunting ability long before the wolves do!

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I would hope the negative impact the wolf introduction has had in other states will be an example of what can/will happen to those non-hunters who will be voting on this travesty. In prior examples, the devastation/results were not as easy to see. Now- maybe, just maybe....

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I would hope the negative impact the wolf introduction has had in other states will be an example of what can/will happen to those non-hunters who will be voting on this travesty. In prior examples, the devastation/results were not as easy to see. Now- maybe, just maybe....
the simple truth is , the non hunters in Idaho still do not care and would happily introduce them all over again.

humans seldom care about what does not directly affect them.