idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
IT is my belief (so take it as one will) that even if we had a readily available cure and vaccine , this would still drag on through the election.

this being a presidential election year is going to greatly hinder our nations ability to recover.
I do not speak of recovery from the virus . I speak of recovery from the panic.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRUSS and AKaviator

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I had an email from Idaho fish and game that advised that Non-Resident hunters are not eligible to apply for hunting license or tags right now. If they had already bought them, they're still valid. You can still apply for the draw hunts when they come around.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
So I got the email from Fish and Game. I’m a little confused here. I have not purchased my hunting license, but am I still eligible to apply for a controlled hunt when the time comes?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
So I got the email from Fish and Game. I’m a little confused here. I have not purchased my hunting license, but am I still eligible to apply for a controlled hunt when the time comes?
I was wondering that myself.
here is the number for their headquarters in boise . should be someone there able to answer you question.

208-334-3700
application period starts roughly a month from now. may 1st . hopefully this will be a non issue by then.

I actually just looked on their website and found this …….

"Nonresident hunting licenses along with currently available nonresident deer and elk tags are not included in the suspension. Nonresidents who purchase a 2020 hunting license may still apply for controlled hunts that will occur this fall."

so the answer is ,YES . you can still purchase a license and apply for fall hunts. you will just not be allowed to hunt any current hunts or hunts going on during the lockdown.

I have no idea if refunds will be available in event lockdown continues through fall seasons . might be another question to ask before one purchases a license???????

Last edited:
Reactions: AKaviator

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks, I appreciate it! I’ll give them a call tomorrow. The way they worded it is confusing. I’m more than willing to purchase my license even if come fall I can’t hunt due to this whole shit show we are dealing with. I would hate to loose the cost of a elk tag though! I guess we’ll see what happens

Reactions: kidoggy

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Thanks, I appreciate it! I’ll give them a call tomorrow. The way they worded it is confusing. I’m more than willing to purchase my license even if come fall I can’t hunt due to this whole shit show we are dealing with. I would hate to loose the cost of a elk tag though! I guess we’ll see what happens
Hopefully by the tag buy deadline, stuff will be decided for fall.

idcwby

Reactions: kidoggy

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I tried calling Fish and Game, but no luck getting through. So I sent an email and haven’t heard back yet. But I was reading through the temporary regs and it appears that we’d still be able to purchase a hunting license in order to apply for a controlled hunt. So that’s good news I guess.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yep. so far fall seasons are still on. time will tell, once the nation is reopened and we see how many new cases crop up.