Eastmans' and Photography!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
1.5x crop factor w/ 1.4x tc should put you at 630mm equivalent.
Thanks packmule I googled the 1.5x crop factor and man did I learn a thing or two. I took AP Photography my first year of College as an electoral credit and it really hung with me. I finally decided to get a SLR over all the other cameras I've had. Boy did I jump in, I've had this camera roughly months and have collected or tried several different lenses. We have a camera store here that'll rent you lenses so it's been nice to rent different lenses and play with them.

muskiemauler22

Feb 23, 2011
Mobridge, sd
It's a Sony Alpha 200. I know that the Nikon's and Canon's are the better products for overall quality, but knowing when to make the adjustments and making the right ones would work with anything.

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
I think playing around with ISO's is my biggest challenge. I can manually adjust everything, but that's where i struggle with grain.
I'm a novice and still experimenting with my camera. I think you need to find out what the highest ISO on your camera will still give you a good photo. Of course it depends on the size of photo you want too. You may find that ISO 1200 gives you a great 4X6 but not a 8X10. Using a higher ISO really helps when using a long telephoto lens. Especially when you are trying to photo a big buck laying under a tree in the shade or if you need a faster exposure in daylight. I'm still having fun with my camera trying to figure things out.

Here are a couple photos I took yesterday at my house. The woodpecker was drinking out of a knot hole way back in the shade of the limbs and leaves. I used ISO 400 at 1/60 and should gone even higher (experimenting). I used a tripod to get the shot. For the wild turkey chick out in the sunlight, I used ISO 800 at 1/2000 because he was moving around pecking the ground and I was hand holding the camera.

Attachments