Early winter in Minnesota.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Been cold down here in the 4 Corners area. Didn't get above freezing for a week, but now it is a lot warmer, was 18 last night. It has been sunny for the last 3 days. I actually sat in chair on my deck yesterday afternoon. I had a T shirt on and was barefoot enjoying the sunshine, it was 50 degrees! We are missing this cold front moving across the country, it is north of us. I worry about the wildlife (antelope & deer especially in Montana & Wyoming.

Reactions: NE69

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Been cold down here in the 4 Corners area. Didn't get above freezing for a week, but now it is a lot warmer, was 18 last night. It has been sunny for the last 3 days. I actually sat in chair on my deck yesterday afternoon. I had a T shirt on and was barefoot enjoying the sunshine, it was 50 degrees! We are missing this cold front moving across the country, it is north of us. I worry about the wildlife (antelope & deer especially in Montana & Wyoming.
I agree- it was -68 with the wind chill at my buddies place this morning in Wyoming. Here in central nebraska I am sitting at a balmy -17 with -46 wind chill. Going to be tough on a lot of animals.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
suppose to get down to minus 2 here. I made sure the koi pond filters were clean and then checked the hotub. Glad I checked, the hottub isn't working. Ran to Ace to get a couple heat lamps to throw in the space where the pumps are located hoping they don't freeze and break. I replaced the circulation pump and both jet pumps over the summer, would suck to have those freeze and break and have to replace after 6 months of service. And yeah, hotubs are a pain in the ass. Don't get one.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Its 25 degrees here in GA with a 40 MPH wind. The deer were impatiently waiting at the feeder for it to go off this morning. Pretty sure I saw one of the fawns shivering...lol

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Didn’t make it above freezing in South Texas today - that is very rare, especially on a day without a cloud in the sky. Frigid to us but we’re still 30 degrees warmer than some of you guys! Supposed to be highs in the upper 70’s over new years though, will be a little warm for our new years deer and quail hunt but I’m sure I’ll make do.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
42466I agree that most of you have it rough but this is extremely cold in my part of the country. It is 10 degrees right now with a low of 8 at sunrise. I don’t know if our deer can move in these temps but I will be there in the morning.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
Yeah we had -55 wind chills and -27 ambient temps for a while here in our little piece of WY. Nice today... -1 with a 10 mph wind. Lol.
Supposed to warm up a bit next week.

Reactions: RICMIC

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Was -39 in my neck of the woods in Wisconsin yesterday. Kids wanted to try sledding. That lasted about 5 minutes! 40s next week and rain.