drop away rests

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
I need a new rest, my dropzone is sticking when it goes down. I was wondering what make and brand rest you guys like and use. Thanks for any help.:cool:

sticknbiggens

Mar 10, 2011
Wyoming
QAD makes some good ones. Check the thread out down below. Never had any problems with mine after two seasons and a bunch of arrows ran through it. Should give you a place to start looking.

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
So far after 6 seasons I still like my Drop Zone but I read these kind of reports way too often to feel at ease. I hope to see some good input here so I know where to turn with my new bow in the near future....

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I really have liked my Ripcord rests. I don't think there is much difference in the Ripcord and the QAD. It's easy to tune, and even in below zero temps it has still worked fine. And now with the Red Zone model you don't have to worry about putting mole skin on the prongs to keep it quiet while you draw. Good luck in your search!

BigSurArcher

Very Active Member
Mar 3, 2011
N. CA
I've got a Limbsaver drop away, which I've never had a problem and I'll continue to shoot until I do. However, if I were going to do it over again, I would surely go with the Ripcord or QAD.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
I have a ripcord and a QAD. I like that the QAD stays up after letting down, for those times you have to let down.

IL Hntr

Feb 26, 2011
Southern Illinois
I have a Ripcode Code Red on my Z7 and a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on my Switchback. I like both rests but prefer the ripcord because I can lock it up before drawing. Both very nice rests.

homegrown

Mar 9, 2011
Belgrade, Montana
seams like everybody is into the dropaway style rests lately i have never used one I have a wisker biskit on my bow was wondering what the main advantages to the drop away style rests would be ? I would think that with no moving paarts on a wisker biskit style that more people would favor them, just wondering

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I switched from a whisker biskit to a ripcord many years ago. There is no vane contact, and for long range shooting I seam to get alot tighter groups

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
You can't go wrong with either the QAD HD Pro or Ripcord IMO. I have the FUSE QAD HD PRO on my Element. I like the QAD since you can let down and don't have to worry about the arrow hitting your riser.