Did some Sturgeon fishing in June.

Right On!! I'll be headed up to the Dalles on the Columbia at the end of the month to catch. We had a day last year where we caught 12 over 6 feet and could only fish with one rod or else have multiple hookups we were on the X hope it is that good again this year seems to usually peak around the third weekend in July for the big fish

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Holy Hannah is right, nice fish! How does your wife not get those pretty red nails caught in the reel? Congrats on the fish and thanks for sharing.

fatrooster

Jul 5, 2011
Spring Creek, Nevada
We were in Cascade Lockes, Oregon on the Columbia River. I caught one about 6-7 feet long and my buddy caught two about that long. It was a great time and Oregon is a beautiful place. fatrooster.

Reflex

Apr 21, 2011
Lincoln, NE
That's awesome! I'm a sturgeon biologist working on the Platte and Missouri Rivers. Our sturgeon (shovelnose and pallid) are little guys compared to those! I'd love to get up to the Snake and catch a giant white sturgeon.

SDbowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Winner, SD
nice, I caught a sturgeon in the columbia a few years ago but it was only a 4 footer awesome fish though, reflex i did catch one in the missouri once in Oahe that was cool seein them, nothin like the big white's though